Chapter 51: New And Improved Friends

*Third person POV*

"Operative L, haven't you gotten that sonic transducer powered up yet?" Agent K asked as they agents swarmed the lab in the Fenton Works.

"I'm trying some place to plug it in." He said with a glare as he held up several cables that attached to two power surge protectors. Agent L looked around and said, "This lab is a joke. Completely primitive. Ah! Here's an empty socket." When he plugged one in, he was screaming in pain from the shock maybe a bit too much. One of the agents behind Agent K watched as Agent L flew upward and ended up landing on the other side of the lab. The lights flickered off, and the power generator kicked in. 

"Great. Now we can't even see with all the junk that doesn't work."

Once the power generator switched the lights from yellow back to the white fluorescent lights, everyone looked around in surprise. "Well, I think I did it, sir." Agent M said by the oscillator. "I just placed this World's Best Mom mug on top of this photon generator and the lights came on. How in the world did an idiot like Fenton stumble onto a Ghost Zone portal working in this dump?"

"Unknowable." Agent K said and turned his attention to the Ghost Portal that's locked with three bars. "Let's just figure out something concrete. Like how to unlock the darn portal." He walked over to a missile that's ready to fire, and he stood proudly. "After all, we have a missile to launch."

~~~

"Oh, poo..." Mrs. Fenton said, scrambling around boxes. "I think I left my old mug back at the old lab." 

"Well, it's Uncle Sam's now, but relax," Mr. Fenton said, standing by his new invention. "I'm just hooking up our new Matter Fashioner by Ghost Co.! I just pour the polystyrene matter pellets in the tray, type in the desired atom's UPC code and...hey. Presto, here's your mug!" The machine at the side laid out a new mug and Mrs. Fenton smiled with glee. However, her face fell. 

"There's coffee in it!" She said. "Remember when we used to share coffee with the (L/n)'s while we were working on our inventions back at the old lab?"

"Yeah...Mr. (L/n) and I have gotten along really well, and Mrs. (L/n) always provides lunch for us!" Mr. Fenton held her by the waist. "I'm sure they're doing alright. If they wanted to, they could've showed up here with (Y/n). She's here all the time as well."

Mrs. Fenton sipped her mug and glanced at the contents inside. "Oooh...Sumatran." She smiled. 

"I spared no expense setting up Fenton Works 2." He said. "We've got every doohickey and thingamabob known to science. Like this bad boy." He turned to his new invention with a proud smile. "My brand spanking new Reality Drill, also by Ghost Co. As we speak it's cutting us a new portal into the Ghost Zone." 

~~~

*Danny's POV*

"You are going down dude." I shouted, moving around in the gaming chair that moved with me. "Come on, put up a fight. Ugh, I win. Again. Hobson, you stink at this game."

Then, the screen was blinking the words Game Over, and I sighed.

"Beg pardon, Master Daniel." Hobson said at his chair. "There was precious little gaming while I was a youth during the Blitz."

I handed him my cell phone and said, "Try Tucker again...At least he'll put up a half-way decent fight."

"You're sure you don't want to call your mistress?" Hobson asked, "She seemed very unhappy when she left."

I looked up and thought about it once and then frowned. "No thanks, Hobson." I said, and felt a pang of guilt. "Just try to get through to Tucker."