Chapter 50: Livin' Large

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Ugh..." Danny phased through his doorway in his ghost form. "I am so dead." He transforms back to his human form and heads over to flop on his bed.

I opened the door to his bedroom, and Sam, Tucker and I followed after him inside with wiped looks on our faces. "Yeah," I said, sitting down next to Danny on his bed. "Who knew learning stuff and groping for the approval of our peers could be so exhausting?"

Sam and Tucker took their seats on a beanbag and a chair in front of us and also sighed. "7:30-3:30?" Tucker mentioned. "School's like an eight hour day!"

"And every day's a battle." Danny agreed, sitting upright to wrap his arm around my waist. I let my head fall on his shoulder and his touched mine. "Especially when I have to battle something. Is this it, guys? Is the fun over? Is life just downhill from here?"

"No way." Tucker said, "Life will get a heck of a lot better when someone pays us to work our butts off."

The door was thrown open by Mr. Fenton and we jumped. "Hello, youngsters!" He said, walking in. "How was school?"

"Well, Mr. Fenton." I said, "School's pretty exhausting-"

"That's super, (Y/n)! Danny, your mother and I need the help of four strong hands down in the lab, so let's hop to!"

"How much are you paying?" Danny asked, and I glared at him.

"Danny!" I scolded him and he winced with a smirk.

Mr. Fenton crossed his arms together and glared, too, "I pay you to mow the lawn. This, you'll do for the love of science!" He grabbed both our arms and yanked us from the bed and we yelped together. We met his parents in the lab after a moment later to look at another weird invention. The invention had a mechanical bike attached to it, and different antennas as well. Mr. Fenton let Danny down to the generator. "Lean all your weight into that photon generator, son. It refuses to generate photons unless someone tips it a bit to the left."

"Our equipment's a tad persnickety." Mrs. Fenton said, placing her hands on my shoulders. She helped raised my arms up a little higher. I was wearing a pair of headphones. "(Y/n), just aim your satellite dish into the sky above that neon taco sign. That's where Star Net 7 is in geo-synchronous orbit with our lab."

I looked at her with a worried look on my face, hoping my arms don't fall off. "But- but!" I started to say.

"Quiet. Don't speak or move a muscle for the next 37 and a half minutes." Mrs. Fenton glared, and I immediately hushed up.

Next to the oscilloscope, Sam, Tucker, and Mr. Fenton stood beside it. "Man, Fenton Works sure is low fi." Tucker said.

"Nonsense!" Mr. Fenton said, with a smile. He held a coffee mug in his right hand. He handed it to her. "Here. Take this World's Best Mom coffee mug and pound on top of the oscilloscope when it goes all fuzzy. You and Sam can take turns pushing on that photon generator with Danny!"

"Hey, I'm a real life scientist!" Tucker said, happily as he placed it down. Sam facepalmed to herself and rolled her eyes.

"Maddie dear, crank her up!"

She hopped on the bike and started pedaling as fast as she could. We watched as the electricity started sparking from the machine. "What's all this supposed to do, Mrs. Fenton?" I asked.

"If all goes right it should evaporate every ghost being within my cell phone calling range." Mr. Fenton ended up explaining. "With no roaming charges."

All four of us looked at each other nervously, and Danny gulped. "Uh, gee, Dad?" he asked. "Maybe we shouldn't..."

Then we heard the doorbell.