Chapter 57: Medusa, the Minotaur, and the Cyclops

*Danny's POV*

I continued to follow the evil unicorns halfway through the Ghost Zone and finally reached the acropolis that Skulker was talking about. I saw a woman with snakes for her hair and she faced a pedestal. Is that Pandora? "Uhm, excuse me?" I asked, floating down behind her. "Can you tell me where I can find Pandora-? Whoa! Nasty split ends!" She turned to snarl at me along with her snakes. Her eyes were red with vertical pupils.

"You dare to disturb Medusa?!" She asked me and the snakes extended themselves from her hair to wrap around my wrist. I tried pulling my hand back from them and yelped. "Gaze into my eyes so that I may turn you into stone!"

"Maybe all you need is a little bit of conditioner!" I shouted, turning my head away and closing my eyes. I channeled the ecto-energy on my hand with the snakes wrapped around my wrist and fired a blast at Medusa. "And for the record, my girlfriend is the only one who I am allowed to gaze at!" 

Suddenly, I peeked my eyes open, and saw that I ended up frying the snakes off her head. All I could see now were a few strands of hair standing up on her scalp, and her looking up in distress. "Ahhh, my pets!" She shouted in a raspy voice, holding her hands over her nearly bald head. She started speaking in a foreign language and I just stared at her blankly. 

She shrieked some more in distress and slithered away, which I didn't realize had a snake tail for feet. "Actually, that's a really good look for you!" I tried to compliment, but she was already gone. I headed off again and opened the books to find Pandora, and started reading. "Pandora's castle...rests on the side of the lightening arch. You will be a-mazed how easy it is to find." I closed the book and floated down to the lightening arch. "A-mazed?" I looked overhead the bushes and rolled my eyes. "A maze, duh..." I sighed. 

I dropped myself down in the middle of the maze and saw a sign. "This area is protected by minotaurs"? I opened the book up again and said to myself, "What are those again?"

Then, a horned, half-bull approached me as I read the book. He had a mace and a nose ring and I heard low growling. I closed the book again and turned to look over my shoulder to see another minotaur behind me. "Uh...Ole?" I offered with a smile. "No need to-" They started rushing towards me with the mace in their hands and I gritted my teeth in fear. "-Attack!" They collided into each other as I turned myself invisible, and they collapsed to the ground. I floated up above them, and turned visible. "Now that's what I call bullheaded." I sniggered. I flew through the maze for a while until I was met with another monster who had the lower half of a horse's body.  "Whoa!" He glared at me, and I said, "I don't mean whoa, like a horse. I mean like a- can you tell me how close I am to Pandora's castle?" 

The dude's response was lifting his hoofs up at me and blasted me with ecto-energy with a heavy kick. I fell to the ground on my back with the book at my side. I looked up with a disappointed look on my face. "Does that mean you don't know?" I asked him. He kicked back and forth as he stood on his hind legs and I turned intangible as he fired more blasts at me. I raised my hand up in the air and used my ice power to freeze the ground. "Dude, you need to chill!"

As the ice crept up to him, he started to slip and lose balance. He fell on his back and grunted in pain. I tossed an orb of ecto-energy at him and he was knocked backwards and flew into the hedge bush behind him. 

"Next time I see you better be on a merry-go-round!" 

The next monster I encountered had me running through the maze, and it was a cyclops. I had ruined his eye by blasting it with another ecto-ball of energy. "Ha, better get some sunglasses, pal!" I winced as I knew that if (Y/n) heard me, she would judge me, but I kept going with it. "Uh, well, sunglass! Uh...never mind."