Chapter 68: Saving a Half Life

(A/n: A couple things to take note of - In this chapter, Valerie realizes that (Y/n) is with Danny in his ghost form. She still doesn't put two and two together that Danny is the same person. Therefore, she just thinks (Y/n) is basically dating two people at once.)  

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Please tell me you've been working on something that will stabilize me..." Dani asked weakly. She looked at me scared, and I felt empathy. I wanted to protect her with everything I had. I may not have ghost powers, but my I could feel my mama bear instincts growing. 

"Well, my child." Vlad started to say as he started to put a needle through my vein. He had a syringe and started to gather blood samples from me. I winced from the poking sensation. He tapped at his chin to think for a bit. "Considering the fact that you both are about to perish at any given moment, I'll tell you the truth. I've kept this game going for far too long. The reason why I'm gathering more samples from (Y/n), is because you, Danielle, need (Y/n)'s DNA to keep yourself stable."

"Wait, what?" I asked in complete shock. 

"Why do you think she's able to transform back to human?" Vlad asked with a blank stare.

"Well," I stammered, not knowing how to process this. "B-but...t-that's because you needed my boyfriend's morph DNA. Isn't that right? So she could transform back on a whim."

"It's a bit more complicated than that. She could transform, but she couldn't completely transform back to human. It would backfire. I decided to take samples of your DNA, (Y/n), to complete the transformation when you were last here and suffering in that chamber. Your boyfriend was able to transform back to human flawlessly, but something went wrong in the process for Danielle, so I had to mix yours with hers to finish the transformation, and for some reason that seemed to work. Why do you think she looks a little bit like you? She's got your eyes, your intelligence." 

I looked around and didn't realize I was starting to feel a bit dizzy from losing some blood. I didn't know what to think or say about this. "I have a daughter?" I asked and Vlad nodded. "You're joking, this is a trick. You're experimenting on me, and I know it, and Danny is not going to be happy."

Vlad scoffed a laugh, "Ha, or so you think. I'm sure as of right now, the bounty hunter is having a little bit of fun with your boyfriend."

~~~

*Danny's POV*

"Valerie!" I exclaimed, "You don't want to do this."

"No..." She said, holding up her ecto-gun. "You don't want me to do this!"

"Well..." I muttered, "Yeah?" I screamed out in pain once the prongs of the ecto-gun touched my chest and shocked me. "Stop! I'll tell you about the portals." She held it back and glared at me. My head hung over and my body felt tingly. "I'll give you a map of the Ghost Zone, you can become the ghost hunter of Amity Park, but first, you need to let me go, and we need to save (Y/n) and Danielle!"

"Why?" Valerie asked, without any interest of me mentioning (Y/n). "Because she's one of your kind? Danielle's a ghost?"

I screamed in pain some more when she put the gun to my chest again. "No!" I shouted, "Because she's one of yours, a human!" Valerie looked at me in denial. "Danielle's not just a ghost. She's also a girl who (Y/n) really cares about."

"But Vlad told me the ghost part of her was about to get him, and Amity Park, and Vlad needed (Y/n) for some type of project. I don't know what kind of project, but that it was urgent!"

"Valerie, you saw her!" I pressed further. My blood started to boil when she mentioned (Y/n) being a part of a project. "Did Dani look like she could destroy anything?"

"Funny..." Valerie said, calming down a little. "She asked the same thing."

"Look, the facts are, Danielle's ghost half is unstable." I said, "Vlad is out to destroy her. I don't know why he needs (Y/n) other than to probably tick me of, and if he destroys the ghost half, the human half is destroyed with it!" 

Valerie kept looking back and forth at me as she thought about everything else. "No...That's not my problem! She is a ghost, and I destroy ghosts!"

"Fine! Destroy ghosts! But can you really take part in destroying a human?"

~~~

Later that night, I took Valerie back to my place in the lab. "What makes you think the Fentons would have anything to help Dani and (Y/n)? They are ghost hunters, not ghost helpers. And speaking of (Y/n), why are you with her? You know as well as I do that she has a boyfriend and you're not him." 

"Yeah, well, her boyfriend knows that I'm a very good protector, so I...well, y'know, make sure she's okay." I dropped the subject as quick as I could and walked over to the desk with weapons on display. "Anyways, my da—Jack Fenton tends to be a little of both. They're friends with (Y/n)'s parents...At least that's what (Y/n) tells me. For the sake of all ghosts, I keep my eye on these guys and have a pretty good idea of what they're up to." I picked up a spray that had a tiny satellite dish on the top and sprayed it a couple times. 

She walked over to me cautiously. "You don't think it's a little dangerous flying into the lab of a family of ghost hunters slash researchers? I mean, it seems like her parents are usually down here 24/7." Valerie mentioned, and I smiled as we heard my dad groaning in pain.

"Something tells me we'll be okay." I pointed out. We looked at the containment chamber where my dad was squished at the very top of the cube. The ghost had expanded in size from earlier, luckily not enough to break the glass. I grabbed Valerie's arm and flew through the ceiling. 

However, I felt kind of bad leaving my dad in there, so I set her down on the roof, and then I went back to flush the ghosts back into the Ghost Zone. As soon as my dad was free, I hurried back to Valerie. 

We were running out of time. I followed Valerie on her jet sled back to Vlad's.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Intruder alert, dearest heart." Mrs. Fenton's hologram said, turning from the monitors. We saw Danny and Valerie on screen flying to us. 

Dani was cuffed against a table where a container was placed underneath her feet. Off to the side, they also had me in cuffs and I was trapped against a wall. "Danny!" We shouted. I finally was able to recover from the blood samples being drained from my body, but we gave Dani some after I pestered Vlad about it. 

"Phantom...Ahck..." Vlad cursed, walking over to the monitor. "What a nuisance, just like his girlfriend."

"Excuse you!" I said, glaring at him. "If it weren't for me, Dani wouldn't be here, and you wouldn't be able to finish your stupid project."

"Well, yeah." He said as a matter of fact. "There's him and there's Valerie. Inconvenience at its best. Can't go letting her discover the truth, now, can we?" I watched him split himself into two. 

"Time to assume my role in our little production." Plasmius said, and his human self went over to go hide in the closet nearby. "I'll go welcome our guests."

"You're manipulative." I commented.

"That I am," Plasmius grinned at me, then hurried over to his hologram. "And I'm sorry, dear, but I can't have them see you, either."

He pressed a button on the control panel and before Mrs. Fenton faded away, she said, "See you tonight for tea and cookies!"

"Until then, there's work to be done!"