Chapter 16: Reality Trip

(A/n: This is personally my favorite Danny Phantom episode)

*Danny's POV*

"Oh, crud." I said one morning, hopping out of bed. "Of all days to oversleep..." I was quickly getting ready for the last day of school. "(Y/n)'s definitely going to be mad at me." I was supposed to take her to school this morning in my ghost form because she didn't want to walk or take the bus and wanted it to be just us two. "Can't have that, and I can't have Lancer keep me on the last day of school. So-" I quickly transformed and flew out of my room. "I'll still take the aerial route!"

"You, ghost kid!" Dad shouted at me from the windows that were thrown open. He was scrubbing his back and holding the rubber duck in the bathroom. "When I get my hands on you, I'll tear you apart molecule by molecule!"

He put the rubber duck down and grabbed an ecto-gun in the shower. I dodged his attack and flew away quickly. "Which is a perfect example of why I won't be going ghost on my Fenton/(L/n) family vacation!" I said.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" Dad yelled from the windows, but I was already gone.

I let the sun rays hit my back as I made my way to school with excitement. "It's summer!" I exclaimed. "Starting at 3:30, I don't have to listen to anyone for a long, long time!"

~~~

*Third person*

"I hope you're enjoying your stay with us, Freakshow." one of the agents in white said.

Freakshow, in shackles, tilted his head up high. He had his top hat on with his circus attire. "Oooh," He teased. "The guys in white. Top secret ghost hunters who can't actually catch ghosts!"

The first agent that spoke, quietly proved him wrong. He held up a remote and pressed a button to reveal one of the female ghosts that had plenty of tattoos on her body in a dark tank. She was floating inside and unconscious. "Care to revise that last statement?"

"Lydia!" Freakshow said, surprised.

"No longer under your control."

Freakshow glared angrily at them. "What do you want?"

"Your knowledge of ghostly items." the first agent said, closing a classified folder. "Anything you care to tell us about this?" He clicked on the remote and a display popped up from the ground with a gauntlet and three different colored stones.

"The Reality Gauntlet..." He whispered, and then raised his voice a little. "Never heard of it."

"We know how you envy ghosts." The agent said.

"And we believe this to be an object of enough spectral power to eradicate ghosts forever." The other agent said.

"Perhaps." Then the agent pulled out the photo of Danny Phantom from the files. "Including this one."

"Ahhh..." Freakshow said. "That Reality Gauntlet! I believe I've heard of it after all..." One of the agents pressed a button again on the remote to free him from his wrist and ankle shackles. He rubbed his aching wrists. "Now then...The Reality Gauntlet." He walked over to the display and examined it. "Hmm, well, I don't know that much about it." Freakshow pointed to the stones below it. "But I believe these things play a key role. May I try it on?"

"I suppose so." The agent on the right said. "It doesn't work anyway."

"Joy!" Freakshow said, and took it off display dramatically. He pulled out the gems one by one. "Each of these gems has a power. The red one, the gem of life. It can make anything come alive." He placed it into the holder, and picked up the yellow gem. "And I believe this one is the gem of form. It can transform into anything into anything else." The two agents raised their eyebrows at him. "Uh...so I've been told, and this?" He picked up the round blue gem. "Is the gem of fantasy. It can make your dreams real. These gems, if touched in the proper sequence, will allow the wearer to control all reality! But the Gauntlet is useless without its power source...which I just so happen to have right here!" He pulled out the final gem stone from his suit.

Both agents reached into their pockets. "Freeze it, freak!" One of the agents yelled.

"Have a little taste of the Gem of Life!" Freakshow shouted, as it started glowing bright red. When the blast of red light hit the agents' ecto-guns, the guns wrap around the agents like pythons. "Now that's what I call living!" He looked down at the red gem still glowing by itself. " Blast! If I only knew the secrets to activate all the gems, I could control all reality. Still..."

He reached into one of the agents' pockets and pulled out a white access card. Freakshow placed the card into a control panel that releases Lydia. She drops to the floor for a minute and then floats near Freakshow, holding her cape. "This concludes our demonstration." Freakshow said. "Now, if you'll excuse us..."

They flew away together, leaving the agents bounded by the gun. "What shall we do with our new-found freedom?" Freakshow asked Lydia as he wrapped his arm around her. She carried him away. "Dinner? Movie? Make myself ringmaster of all reality?" Freakshow cackled with laughter, and Lydia's eyes beamed with excitement and they fly away through town.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

When I saw Danny down the hallway halfway through the school day, he apologized for making me wait all morning. He knew I was upset, but assured me that this summer vacation will be a vacation to remember. Plus, Casper High had the band Dumpty Humpty show up at our school to celebrate our last day. So, I let it slide.

The bells rang, and we hurried to the back of the school exits. "Finally!" Danny said, as we looked at the papers. "I've been looking forward to this summer vacation forever. "The four of us traveling together across country, seeing the sights. (Y/n) and I are going to Cape Canaveral Space Center in Summer Florida."

"The Comic Book, Sci-fi and Fantasy Expo in sunny San Diego..." Tucker said.

"And Gothapalooza in the bleak Nevada desert!" Sam said.

"But tonight, we rock out at the Dumpty Humpty concert!" I said, and we were all smiling together until Jazz bumped into Danny. Papers and books were flying everywhere.

"Geeze, Danny!" Jazz exclaimed. "Watch it!"

"Geeze, Jazz." Danny said, placing his hand over his forehead. "Watch it."

I started helping them pick up papers and books from the ground until I picked up a book. "Ghost Envy for Dimwits?" I read aloud, then read the subtitle. "Ghosts are not the boss of me? What is this, Jazz?"

"My college entrance thesis on Ghost Envy, (Y/n)." Jazz said, crouching down in front of us. I handed the book back to her. "College might be a year and a half away, but you can't be too prepared. In fact, did you guys know that ghosts often-"

"Don't know, don't care, not listening." Danny interrupted, and we stood up from her. "From now on, it's no pencils, no more books, and no going ghosts so my parents can't tear me apart molecule by molecule."

"Which reminds me," Sam said. "How did you guys convince my parents to let me spend an entire summer with both your parents?"

Danny looked away with a grin and I tilted my head as he smiled. "Uh..." Danny said, "Let's just say, I finally got under their skin."

Suddenly, I was being lifted off the ground with Sam and Tucker and we screamed in surprise. Down below, I saw people running and screaming.

"Remind me again, guys. Why do we hang out with the kid who has ghostly enemies?" I asked as I flailed in the sky, trying not to get dropped.

"Uhm, because you had a crush on him?" Tucker provided.

"And he's your boyfriend?" Sam mentioned.

I ended up scowling at them both, even if they were both right.

The bats flew us far away to the train tracks, and they wrapped us up individually so we couldn't move freely. Then they dropped us to the ground and we heard footsteps. We looked up and saw Freakshow standing before us with a gauntlet worn on his right arm.

"Freakshow!" We exclaimed.

"In the anemic flesh!" He said, proudly. "How's Tricks?! Had a nice few months while I was rotting in jail because of you?"

Then, a green ghost ray appeared, knocking Freakshow away from us. We looked over to smile at Danny. "Actually, yeah!" Danny shouted. "I've been working on my aim!"