Chapter 66: D-Stabilized

(A/n: I have read a fanfiction on this chapter from somewhere else that made me think: 'Oh, what if!', so I will be playing a similar part to this one~)

*Dani's POV*

I need to find Danny and (Y/n)

Those were the only words that repeated in my mind. It kept me going for this long in my ghost form, and I was sort of ready to venture out...again. However, I'm unstable. I was sweating profusely, and I kept panting, trying to keep my powers in control. I walked out and I sighed, "Finally, I'm back." I placed my hand over my forehead, and I panted again. I looked over to the reflection on the window on my right. "Uh oh, that's one scary looking ghost..." I saw how miserable I was, and saw the bags underneath my eyelids.  

If you missed out on the episode of how I came to be, I'll keep this short and simple: I'm Danielle - Dani for short. I'd say I'm Danny's third cousin once removed, but in reality, I'm his clone. It was strange. I was an almost perfect clone, made by my father, Vlad Plasmius with Danny's DNA.

"I gotta get to Danny and (Y/n) fast..."

I started running forward and leaped off the ground to fly, but found myself flying slower than normal. 

"Or slow, slow's good." I slumped when I felt even more drained and muttered sarcastically, "Or slower, slower's better." I slowed down to the ground and landed on my feet. I felt awful. I looked down to see my feet turning into an ecto-goo like substance, and my face was sweating. "Ah! I just hope those two can help me..."

I tried to focus all my power together and suddenly, the ecto-goo was gone and my feet were back to normal. I heard a cat meow in the alley behind me and I gasped, "I can't let him find me!"

The sun was setting, and I looked around. I was all alone. "Okay, pull yourself together, Danielle. Vlad is all the way out in Colorado. There's no way he can know you're here." I looked around carefully again before taking off slowly. 

~~~

*Vlad's POV*

I was watching the monitor in my work studies in my ghost form. I was keeping watch on Dani, while I held my cat in my arms. "Well, well, well." I sniggered. "The return of the prodigal daughter. She's looked better, and yet she survived, the question is why?" After a moment, my cat, Maddie meowed, and I looked down at her. "You're right, I already know why. It's time for a little research, but she's hardly going to come running home to daddy..."

Maddie jumped out of my arms and landed on the desk in front of me. She crawled around a call button that labeled the (L/n)'s name. "Oh, Maddie, you are so brilliant! Yes, let's call on daddy's helpers. Maybe this time they won't be so gullible." 

I transformed back into my human form and pressed the button. In the next second, I wheeled my chair around and looked at the monitor. "Mr. and Mrs. (L/n), how lovely of you both to join me. I have a proposition for you both. How would you like to finally move out of that neighborhood?" 

Mr. and Mrs. (L/n) paused for a moment to look at each other with uncertainty. "Here's the thing, Mr. Masters." Mr. (L/n) slowly said. "We actually love it here. I know before we've said that we wanted to move to (city, state), but after being here for almost a year...we just want what's best for our daughter. Her and that Fenton kid have been closer than ever! I never seen her interact with her social peers before and this is the first time I'm seeing a huge change!"

"I see." Vlad said, clasping his hands together over the desk. He placed his face over it and pondered. "Well, if that's what you both want, then I won't pester anymore. Your funding will still be coming from me, so don't worry about the money, just call me if you need anything. I just need you to do something for me. I know it might come off as strange, but I need you to bring (Y/n) here for a weekend. You see, after the family vacation and other events, we became quite close, and I'm just worried about (Y/n)'s well being. Oh, and Mrs. (L/n), that jumpsuit looks lovely on you."