Chapter 61: Nocturn's Worst Nightmare

*(Y/n)'s POV*

We walked across the pier later that evening after gathering equipment from both our parents. I had to shove whatever I could fit inside my backpack, and the rest went into Sam and Tucker's. Sam and I avoided each other on the way as much as we could. Danny did the same, however, he was still very touchy with me with his hand in mine, so I was assuming he's trying his best to make sure nothing else bad happens.

Jazz was carrying a duffle bag and was walking to a stop beside me. We looked over and faced Amity Park's mattress factory. "A mattress warehouse." Danny said, looking at Tucker's device that tracked Nocturn.

"Of course." I said, sarcastically.

"That new antenna must be receiving the signals from all the headsets." Danny said. I pulled out an ecto-gun from my backpack and our backs faced the walls before heading inside. Sam and Tucker were on the other side with Jazz. "Everyone cool with the plan?"

"Take out the army of Creepwalkers." Jazz said.

"Sleepwalkers." he corrected.

"You call them what you want, I'll call them what I want."

"Then, use Tucker's PDA to destroy that giant antenna." I mentioned. "And...whatever it's connected to."

"And then we unleash the Fenton Ghost Catcher!" Sam grinned at me. The only thing I could do was play along and smile back like old times.

"And we nail them!" Tucker finished, grabbing the thermos from her. My eyes widened when a Sleepwalker floated beside him, taking the thermos from him and crushed it in his hand. We all grouped together as several more Sleepwalkers rounded us up.

"Alright, guys." Danny said. "Let's do it!" I stood next to him and started firing the ecto-gun as he held out his hands to freeze the Sleepwalkers. When he froze the two Sleepwalkers in front of us, I destroyed them both in two hits.

I pulled back my ecto-gun just in time to hear Sam yelp behind me. "Sam!" I said. I turned around and started to help her as she fell on her back with the bazooka that did nothing to the Sleepwalkers coming up to her. As I started running forward, the one of the Sleepwalkers she shot at grabbed the bazooka and yanked it from her. The other one grabbed her and pulled her up from the ground. "Sam, no!"

I felt a rush of wind go past me and I looked up to see Danny already flying after her. He froze the Sleepwalkers and kicked them away from her. She started screaming and falling from the sky until he dove down to catch her and I frowned.

I watched Danny set her gently on the ground. "You okay?" He asked, and I noticed she was looking at me instead of Danny.

"Huh?" She muttered, and then looked back at him with a flustered response. "Oh...uh, yeah. Listen, Danny. I-"

"Cool." He said, interrupting her so quick that she was surprised. She looked at me and I ended up rolling my eyes. I turned away from her as Sleepwalkers ganged up on me and Jazz. I stood back to back with her, firing some more ecto-energy from the guns until Danny arrived.

"(Y/n)!" Tucker said, throwing the thermos at me. I attached the ecto-gun to my belt and flipped the lid off the thermos. Danny led the Sleepwalkers to us and all four of us sucked them inside.

"Nice teamwork, guys." Danny said, landing down in front of us. "Now lets get Nocturn."

We regrouped at the front entrance where Danny kicked the door down. When we walked in, the first thing I saw a huge chamber that held a large ghost and mattresses laid out everywhere. "Oh no..." I said.

"No!" Danny said, walking forward. "Nocturn. He's huge!" He floated over to the lid of the chamber. "He's absorbing dreams and getting more powerful. We have to stop him!" Jazz and I exchanged looks and saw him pulling on the lid. He punched the lid and all we heard was a loud clang. "Ow!" He tried everything to break through the chamber, and tossed a ghost orb at it that rebounded.