Chapter 55: The Amity Park Picnic of Doom

The next day, Danny and his parents invited me and my family out to a picnic out to Amity Park!  Danny had already prepared a blanket for just the two of us, and told me that Sam and Tucker were also joining. While I was okay with it, I was even more okay with that he made sure it was just us two sitting on that blanket eating lunch together. 

Mom and dad were teasing me the entire time the day before when they found out about it, and said that the parents were going to try to not intervene at the park. I had a feeling they were still going to anyway since it was technically a family picnic. I sighed, but I still couldn't wait since today was the day.

It was pretty crowded and lively too, and it wasn't anything like our old home back in (state/city). Our old home was quite the opposite. 

Danny started to feed me some strawberries, until his mom walked over to us. "Danny, (Y/n), you kids can come over and eat with us, y'know?" Mrs. Fenton asked. Sam and Tucker looked at us and shrugged as well. 

Suddenly, we heard an explosion go off and saw my dad and Mr. Fenton by the grill. They were both plastered with ash and charcoal. Mom and Jazz were off to the side, trying to mind both their businesses. The grill fell over and dad said, "Uhh, don't worry, I'll go grab mine!"

"Uh..." Danny said, still holding up the strawberry before me. I closed my mouth before any flies could get in. 

"We're all fine over here, Mrs. Fenton." I nervously said.

"And by fine, she means safer and less humiliated." Danny mentioned. 

"Nice shoes, Mrs. Fenton." Sam said. Tucker and Sam had laid their own blanket next to ours. 

"Oh thanks!" She said, looking down at her red high-heels. "I got them free from some caterer at the mall. They pinch my feet, but being a fashion icon sometimes requires a bit of pain!" Mrs. Fenton struck a pose and I giggled, leaning against Danny. 

Tucker laid on his back to rest and said, "I hear that! Word up, Mrs. F!"

"So, what do you think the Box Ghost will try next, guys?" I asked as soon as she walked away. 

Danny looked at me and said, "Well, I don't care, if I hear "Beware" one more time, I'll-" He started to feed me the strawberry again until we heard a familiar voice.

"BEWARE!"

We both sighed. "-sigh and won't ever get to feed my girlfriend." 

I suppressed a smile, and we turned around. "BEHOLD!" the Box Ghost said. "The Box of-"

"Pandora?" Sam and I asked in confusion once we recognized the detail. It had a skull with its fangs stretched out over to look like it's closing it shut. On the front side of the box had two snake heads snaking out from the keyhole. Danny and Tucker looked at us in confusion as well.

"Pan-whata?" they asked.

"Alright, (Y/n), pop quiz. Who's Pandora?" She asked, and I blinked at her. "The Ancient Greek legend?"

"Oh right." I said, and looked at the boys. "Greek mythology says that Pandora had a box that contained all of the world's evil."

"And that's how you aced that test." She said, proudly. "Still, I didn't think that was real."

"Well, it looked real to me." I said, nervously.

"Figures an evil box is just floating out in the Ghost Zone." Tucker muttered.

Sam walked over and grabbed Danny by the shirt out of worry. "Danny, that box should never be opened!" she said.

"You mean like this?" the Box Ghost asked as he opened it on cue. His whole body wasn't colored blue anymore. Instead, it was an evil red aura that made him look menacing. When he opened the box, bats flew out of it. "Creatures of the night, unleash my fright!" He gave out a heft laugh. "...I'm so totally a poet." A swarm of bats were flying over peoples heads and ours as well and everyone screamed in terror. We watched people run down hills, trying to escape from them. "Slithering snakes, raise my stakes!"