Chapter 13: Helping her fall asleep

3rd Person Pov

Mina goes towards the kitchen, she outstretches her hands searching for the switch and press it turning the bulb on, emitting white light around the room.

A sigh escape her lips seeing a mess made infront of the refrigerator. Bits of vegetables, meat and eggs shells scattered the floor.

She glances at the suspect whose now seated near the countertop grinning god how seg wishes she could strangle the girl.

"Chaeyoung what have you done? What is this mess?"

"I was hungry, I didn't want to wake you up because you told me not to disturb you so I ate what I could find."

"You ate them don't you feel sick?"

"No, why?"

"Because they need to be cooked first before eating them."

Mina makes a mental note "Chaeyoung was found in the forest clueless and alone, her wounds heal and can eat anything." She gonna need this as hints of finding what Chaeyoung is.

She turns the stove and heats water while she cleans up the mess after that she prepares tea.

A Chamomile tea to be exact a it was common knowledge that it was a sleep inducer.

Mina reach out for the cupboard bringing out two porcelain tea cups.

She place the teabags inside the cup adding some honey and mint spring.

As Mina works Chaeyoung watch observes every move she make admiring her graceful movements.

The tea kettle whistles, steam comes from its spout, the water is at boiling point. Mina turns off the stove and pours the hot water on the cups stirring it in circular motions.

She hands one cup to Chaeyoung, the girl takes it holds the teabag's string pulling it out the cup and nearly put it in her mouth but before she could do that Mina quickly snatches it from her hands.

Mina sighs Chaeyoung was gonna eat the teabag she's doing it wrong again.

Mina Pov

Do I have to teach her the right way to sip a tea must I do this every night.

I hold my cup's handle and maintain eye contact with Chaeyoung blowing the heat away drinking my tea.

"You drink the liquid Chaeyoung not wat the teabag, be careful though don't chug the tea in one go it will burn your tongue." I chuckle

She copies what I did and looks at me intently. I hope the tea will soothe her nerves.

"It's good?" I ask

"It's bland but soothing" she answers

My lips curls upwards as I watch her drink her tea carefully she's an obedient one she reminds of a child obeying her parents. I don't know why but I find her charmingly cute when she's calm and not weird like this.