Chapter 15: Camping trip Pt.1

Mina Pov

We arrive on Ihanatani forest camping site, my father rented a parking space for the car, we grabt our things and equipment we venture deeper into the forest.

We hike upstream the river trailing the grassy threads. My parents wanted to be high up the mountain close to the clouds as possible, something about having the best view both sunrise, sunset and night.

My soles, thighs and shoulders are sore, sweat coming forth my pores. I'm bone-tired, I feel like fainting even with those rest stops thankfully we arrived at our destination before that happens. My rear met the ground I removed my bag from shoulders and wiped my sweats while fanning myself.

A little while later Momo joined me nose diving the ground, cheeks painted red, gasping for air like a fish who mistakenly jump on land.

I hand her a bottle water bottle because she seems like she was gonna die, she  takes the bottle from my hand and chug it down like a hippopotamus emptying it dry until the water plastic bottle shriveled,after exhaling deeply she says
"I wish I was Chaeyoung, she barely looks tired."

I glance at Chaeyoung who was turning her head around, roaming her eyes at our surroundings probably appreciating or marveling the sights nature can give. Without a hint of exhaustion.

I laid down the grass near Momo and close my eyes listening to chirp of birds and whisper of the flowing river. The wind gushing through the trees, steadying my breathing slowly letting the calmness let the fatigue leave me.

I don't know how many minutes have pass when I decided to open my eyes I was met with another, I nearly slap the person looking down at me as I was startled.

Chaeyoung bend down, head upsidedown, her blonde shoulder length hair hanging forward near my face.

"They're calling for you." she says backing out moving her face away, I gain my balance up and notice Momo is no longer with my side, she was having snacks with mom and dad.

That glutton sister of mine regains all her strength the moment something involves food.

I take a sit beside her grabbing a onigiri (Japanese rice ball).

"Had enough nap?" Momo ask I simply nod as my mouth is preoccupied with chewing the food.

"When you two are done eating, you set the tents up." My mother commands.

---

Momo groans in frustration, we kept failing having a hard time fixing the tents. We were only able to affix the tarp or groundsheet on the grass but making the whole thing stand up.

"This is difficult I give up, why can't mom and dad do it?" she whines, descending and sprawling down the ground."

" Mom and dad are busy building the stone stove and cooking tripod, Come on Momo, help me we just need to follow the written instructions properly."

She cover her ears pretending not to hear me, this person just want to be lazy, I tug her feet trying to drag her up convincing her to assist me but it was no use she was heavy.

"Remember our deal mina."  She reminds me that she holds my secret, she's really abusing our agreement.

Fine I can do this alone I said reading the manual, I tried attaching the poles together but they won't clasp together what am I doing wrong? I pout in frustration but I am never one to give up.