Chapter 40: Storm continuation

3rd person Pov

The expanse was of absence of light, the basement is bleak, cold and quiet only the evoke drumming beat of pelting rain battering the rooftop and ground could be heard.

Yet despite the chilly nippy weather and thunderous sounds, Mina couldn't be bothered by the easily aware state of the atmosphere.

All them are disregarded unintentionally for she feels the complete opposite, her body fairly high in temperature with rallied poundings of heart.

With her head resting on Chaeyoung's chest, ears perched parallel to her heart.Mina could glean on Chaeyoung's rhythmical zippy thumpings.

In actuality Mina doesn't have irrational fear in dark spaces but the sudden surge of power outage startles her that she had to clung on Chaeyoung.

She wants to move away peel herself off but her body isn't responding to her wishes, as if has a urge on it's own, willingly pressed against Chaeyoung like magnetic hard to pry away. Her mind and body's desires are contradicting.

And Chaeyoung wasn't helping either holding her body tightly like it's her hostage, however she can't deny Chaeyoung's comfortable warmth and coziness maybe that why the girl is just snuggly and it has nothing to do with attraction Mina ponders.

Thankfully the fight within herself concludes briefly as the lights flicker back on and in Mina dilemma guides herself, disconnecting her body off Chaeyoung.

Mina sits up on the mattress and fixes her hair concealing a blush and smiles awkwardly.

Chaeyoung pushes herself up on her elbows and stares at her.
"

Can you come back, return to our position I mean." She suggests tapping her chest already missing the feel Mina gave her.

Mina clears her throat "God no we need to eat breakfast before it gets cold." she makes a face of disagreement removing herself from the bed making a decision to leave before Chaeyoung could suggest something weird.

"Okay then can we return after we finish eating." Chaeyoung frowns sadly seeing Mina fled outside her room
later." She mumbles hopping off the bed and follows her.

---

When they reach upstairs Mina's eyes sores in pain by the disgusting sight flashing before her, quickly blocking Chaeyoung's view as her sister and Dahyun are too close in intimate proximity as they were kissing.

She gathers that Momo must have jump on Dahyun when the lights went off since her sister is a scaredy cat when comes to the dark. She's not surprised that they kiss on the spur of the moment since the two have had such chemistry but too much of a coward to act on it or maybe because Ms. Kim can be restricting on Dahyun's love.

"Do you guys mind." Mina cuts them off getting their attention.

The two stops no hint of embarrassment, Momo detaches herself from the pale girl, staring at Mina with Chaeyoung adorably poking her head behind.

"Good morning Chaeyoung." She hails Dahyun follows the suit with a salute though a blush were still visible on their faces they decided not to talk about it.