Chapter 20: Finding Chaeyoung part 2

3rd Person Pov
Scene: Police office

"BRRRRING!!" the telephone on the detective's desk goes off, Ren picks it up and replied to the caller.

"Hello, Who is this?"

"Ren it's  me Akira I hope I'm not disturbing anything."

"Not at all Akira why did you call?  has our mysterious girl finally regained her lost memories?" Ren flicks his cigarette on the ash tray

"No she hasn't but I called you because she's run away last night and we have no clue where has gone. I need your help in search for her if your not that busy."

"Hmmm." The detective unfazedly thought.

"Don't worry I'm not occupied there's not that much cases on my plate I'll lend a hand I will try to inquire around the city if they have seen her."

"Thank you Ren I have to go back to work now, Bye" Akira expresses gratitude-farewell, hanging up the call.

Mina Pov

Mom, dad are out for work and as usual Momo is out again leaving me here all by myself.

Not that I'm complaining I actually prefer some "Me time" however there are times when the quietude is depressing and it's killing me in boredom.

Games and movies are there as entertainment and amusement to pass my time but it's not enough something is missing.

I stir the cut chicken pieces on the skillet pan, I'm preparing for lunch for sure that unknown beast would be irritating me to feed her later.

Chaeyoung consumes a good deal amount of food not as plenty as Momo and I do enjoy her expressions when she eats with such happiness the way she appreciates makes me think like I'm a professional chef unlike Momo who's nothing but a freeloader.

At first I was just creep out having her near me observing every movement I do but I understand that Chaeyoung is like a curious child trying to learn human mechanisms, on that note I have gotten use to her presence.

After I was done with my cooking chore I opt  to call Chaeyoung to sit down with me at the dining table so I shout for name.

"Chaeyoung food's ready, come eat with me!"

Strange no one's answering normally when she hears her name she would bolt towards the sound like a flash.

Oh yeah how could I forget she's gone, I don't really understand why my inner self suddenly when down, why am I feeling sad, low spirited, heart feeling distressed muffling my joy. What is wrong with me I should be celebrating that she ain't here to annoy me anymore.

My emotions are hazy don't tell me I'm actually this worried for Chaeyoung worse attached to her attendance that cannot be maybe I'm just frustrated that no one's gonna eat my hard worked food, yep that must be it. I genuinely convince myself faking a smile gazing at the tasty oyakodon, tonkatsu and strawberry daifuku I set out.

I sigh who am I kidding this food is meant for her I guess a piece of me misses her, overwrought by her disappearance.

MEANWHILE 3RD PERSON POV