Chapter 21: Finding Chaeyoung part 3

The moment the search party landed on the pavement, Detective Ren divided the group into to three by two's, due to the essentially that they need to cover up the area faster, it's more convenient to split up. The sooner they find Chaeyoung, the earlier they go home and be not troubled for the girl's safety.

Mina Pov

I prolong a sigh, what a misfortune that Momo wanted to team-up with me. I was in between laughing at her misery for a scaredy-cat she is but I also have the urge to tape her mouth shutting her up, her high-pitched shrieks are deafening too uncomfortable for dearest ears.

She will scream vehemently everytime a sound be it the rustling of the bushes or from the sudden gush of wind blowing through the trees it startles her.

I accidentally step on twig, creating a medium crack sound making her jolt in shock, she squeals and clings to my jacket harshly that the clothing almost peels off my body.

In actuality I too is afraid of the dark to the nerve too but I don't react as Momo I'm an expert at masking my fright and calming the panic within.

Yes I am also scared and trembling presently but what good will it do if I let the fear conquer me, bravery will accomplish the task of finding Chaeyoung and for that purpose I shall do so.

"Let go of my arm Momo your going to tear my jacket into pieces."

"Wah." Momo gasp "How dare you care for a jacket more than me, you broke my heart it almost jump out my mouth at least let me hold on you my dear sis"  She tightens her clutch around my arm as expected here we go again.

I shake her off roughly because she was glued to me similar to a leech, eventually loosening her grip and break free, I heard her mumble "you're really heartless,  penguins are cold" yet I paid no heed she's always like this playing, acting dramatic to get me or my attention and impartially continued our arduous search.

However minutes later, Momo has gone crazy with her teasing again, maybe she's bored out of her mind or distracting herself from her uneasiness or she just enjoy making fun of me.

She kept pestering, annoying me, poking, nudging my back for no reason and telling to look high and low for something that is not there like informing me that she saw an animal dropping on the ground, pointing out that I step on it except when I move my lamplight on my boots there was nothing.

Momo snorts, laughing at me for falling at her joke but I wasn't happy with it, my brows crinkles and lips met thinly, angrily unappealed or amused by her foolishness, she probably noticed my unapproachable, blank expression and stop laughing yet her jokes didn't stop there.

She once again told me another lie, insisting I look up because there is a spider levitating symmetrically to my head, Momo's grimly guise coax me fall for her falsehood.

Considering I have a extreme fear at spiders naturally, it triggers my defenses, I could feel the flight response kicking, increasing the rate of my heartbeat, hairs creeping up my neck.

My body tremors, thrashing, shaking, mumbling gibberishly and stroking my head hysterically trying to remove that horrendous eight-legged arthropod.

Momo ceases laughing, breaking off my irrational agitation holding my body tightly.

"Mina settle down, I'm sorry I was joking there was no spider." she repents