Chapter 14: The detective and questions

Mina Pov

It's been 5 days since Chaeyoung have been staying with us. Needless to say she's starting to act more human behaviourally, she's adapting.

Today my parents plan for a camping trip they wanted to have some family time and bonding outdoors before our break ends and all of us will be busy.

So here I am packing essentials consisting of extra clothing, bug repellent, water, toothbrush, lantern light and tissues.

After putting them on my bag pack I went downstairs to load my stuff in the car trunk.

The moment I open the door I came face to came with a detective he was not a stranger my parents know him. Detective Ren Fushima was my parents former classmate and a friend.

"Morning Mina, Is your mom and dad home?"

"Morning sir." I nod and shouted for them

"Mom!Dad! There's a detective here to see you."

I hear them scrambling down the stairs.

"Detective Ren! Come in Come in!" My parents eagerly invites him and he waltz inside the house. Mom  call out foe Chaeyoung and together they all gathered on the living room.

After setting my bag pack on the car I rush near the living room eavesdropping on their conversation through the walls.

Of course I'm interested at the topic it involves Chaeyoung I need to listen in order to gain more knowledge regarding that girl's enigma.

I hide beside the entrance listening to their conversations, Momo then sees me, looking confused look a jog towards me.

"What are you doing, you look ridiculous?" She laughs.

I signal her in hush tone she furrowed her brows not understanding what's happening, then she peeks at the living  room

"I see." She smirks and joins on spying situating her ear on the walls.

3rd Person Pov

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything Important?" Ren asked as he takes a seat, seeing the two dressed up.

"No it's fine." Mr. Myoui replies

"What brings you here Ren?"  Sachiko

'I've come to check on our mysterious girl, you said over the phone that she has progress learning how to communicate and read now, you even filed a missing person case." Ren answers eyeing Chaeyoung

"Yes we did, Any updates have people maybe her parents or relatives perhaps came looking for her?" Akira

"Unfortunately none." Ren sighs slumping his back on the cushions

"Then what brings you here?" Sachiko ask

"I'm here to ask her questions hopefully she can answer them." Ren responds, bringing out a notebook and a pen pressing the push button as he faces Chaeyoung.