Chapter 23: Extraordinary Findings

3rd person Pov
afternoon

After detective Ren's shift he drop sby the hospital, Mrs. Myoui's office specifically.

Him and the couple are assembled inside, he sitting on a one seater sofa across the glass table sat the couple situated in the long one.

It was break hour so they made time to meet regarding what Detective Ren revealed this morning.

"You said over the phone that Chaeyoung is a suspect of murder, Why?" Mrs. Myoui queried starting the discussion.

"Yes she might be." Detective Ren replies as he drags out photos from his briefcase laying them out one by one on the table.

"As you can see, we found remains near the spot where your daughters found Chaeyoung?" Mr. Myoui picks up one of the photos.

"This person was killed way before. It's impossible for Chaeyoung to have killed him/her in a few days" Mr. Myoui assumes inspecting the photo.

"You are right Akira but there are certain substances that can speed up the decomposing process of a human tissue into mummification example quicklime but that ain't the reason we didn't find any decaying process nor the bones decayed naturally."

"What do you mean?" The couple looks at the detective ambiguously

"When I said Chaeyoung was a suspect for murder I mean it but there's been a drastic change on my conjecture, recently before entering here I received a call from the medical examiner who did the autopsy her discovery made me doubt if Chaeyoung is capable of murder or not."

"Okay you confuse me." Mr. Myoui

What did the doctor say?" Mrs.  Myoui

"Take a closer look at the picture what do you see? a human skeleton right?" 

The couple agrees nodding their head.

"However there is something unnatural to this skeleton though it may appear as its structured is human but according to the pathologist when she performed the examination to identify whether it's female or male it seems more than that, the victim has a different bone composition than that of a human something the bone scanner can't even read it and even malfunctioned . We don't if there's some chemical applied to alter the bones but currently whatever and whoever the victim is unidentifiable and the cause of death unknown."

Ren looks at the couple scrutinizing their expressions, Mr. Myoui seems to be in dread deeply thinking while Mrs. Myoui on the other hand was reflective weighing options. He continues his
explanation collecting another photo on the table as the couple eyes follow.

"Another odd thing is this drone taken shot of Chaeyoung's location you cannot make out in normal perspective but with elevation you can outline weird lines or symbol on the ground. We further investigate the ground but the soil from some reason was hard to dig as if it was a hard solid so we didn't have a choice but end the investigation right there atleast we found the remains.

"So where do Chaeyoung stand, is she still a suspect or not?"

"We can't completely discount the possibility of her being a murderer but I can't treat her as one as I lack evidence however you said it yourself that trauma may have caused her amnesia it is possible that she witness something un-ordinary or did it. Maybe if we showed her the photos it will force her to recall some details."