03

"Am I supposed to believe this bullshit?" he said sitting behind his desk

"Am I supposed to believe this bullshit?" he said sitting behind his desk. I pulled out my cigarette pack and lit one.

"Well yes." he rolled his eye and watched me crossing my legs one over the other and puffing the white smoke away.

"I should put a no smoking sign in the door." I chuckled.

"As if anyone else besides me smokes in here." I looked out the window where you could barely make out the Lincoln Memorial through the fog. It was raining outside. The perfect weather. People walking with umbrellas, some running, some slouching. The view was a reflection of my feelings, bland, faded.

I didn't much like smoking, unless the quietness in my head was too loud, then sometimes it was necessary. "So are you going to comment?" I say mentioning with my head to the paper in his hands. He narrowed his eyes at me before clearing his throat.

"It's efficient. But are you sure you want to go through with it?" I shrugg standing. "What changed your mind?"

"Nothing. My mind was never made up." I look out the window blowing the smoke out.

"They're not going to like it." I put my cigarette out in the ashtray he probably left there for me.

"That's irrelevant. They won't know." Fury scoffed. "You don't tell children Santa doesn't exist, they either figure it out themselves... or they grow up." He watched me as I wore my coat.

"I know you don't care Blaine, but I'm worried about you." I roll my eyes sighting as I packed my bag. I'm worried about me too. "Timothée wouldn't want this." I glared at him.

"Timothée doesn't want anything... Timothée is dead!" I clenched my jaw clearing my head, I didn't need this mentality before an important mission. I also didn't want to ruin the only relationship left with an old friend.

"Alright

"Alright. Did you send all your stuff?" He said changing the topic.

"Yes. They're already there. My flight's in half an hour, I have to go." I made for the door before he spoke.

"Laines, healing is a choice. It won't happen until you decide you deserve to be happy." I let his words sink in before opening the door and leaving.