19

"You ready?" I heard him call after me. I put the brush down cleaning my hands quickly. 

"Yeah." He walked into the living room, a curious smile in his face as he saw what I'd been doing all morning. I'd finally gotten him to come to terms with the fact that I was joining the mission. It was a simple extraction, I'd argued. 

He finally got settled with the rule that I follow him or Bucky at all times. 

"What'd you doing?" he stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, the action sent a shattering glass in my chest. If only he knew. I will tell him after the mission, that's what I told myself every night. "What's that supposed to be. Me?" he asked kissing my neck slowly. 

"Nothing

"Nothing." he tugged at me. I rolled my eyes, not that he could see. "When I was little me and Tim would play pretend, we'd live in this small house near a lake, have a pet Alpaca." He snorted. "This is how I imagined it." He looked at the painting, admiration in his eyes. 

"Everything will turn out fine." he said turning me around and removing the hair of my face, he wiped a spot in my cheek where blue paint was stained. "I'm not letting you go. Good?" I nodded and taking his face in my hands I pressed my lips to his, enjoying the graze of the beard in my face, the way his lips parted to let me in, the way his strong hands went up and down my body every time he wanted more. 

I parted away, my eyes closed. "Everything will turn out fine." I repeated, he smiled at me. Then pulled my hand towards the exit. 

We all stood in a circle in the quinjet. We were hovering over the landing zone waiting for the door to open. Everyone was suited up, I wore black leather clothes that I borrowed from Nat. I didn't particularly like the way it snugged all the parts of my body but hey, there's a first time for everything. "Keep your coms on at all time, no exceptions, this requires a team work." said Steve. 

"You all know your part. Let's get this over with." finished Nat and Clint opened the door. Tony gave me a wink before closing his mask. Bucky wrapped his metal arm around my waist and I nodded at him. He jumped off holding me tightly, the air filled my lungs, it took everything on me not to scream. 

 I felt as the custom parachute opened and we slowed down until we touched down. "B team down." said Bucky. He checked if I was okay, we grabbed our guns, the one Tony made, it was a transformer, you could switch it from riffle, to sniper, to my favorite, the Hekler & Kotch, UMP45. I snapped it in place and hung aimed it.