18

I groaned opening my eyes. I was in the headquarter clinic, my head was pounding, an IV was linked to my arm. I could make out a nurse checking my chart.

"Hey

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" she asked. I gave a small smile, still trying to come to my senses.

"What happened?"

"The doctor will come shortly. Should I notify Mr. Stark? He said to call when you wake up." I touched my forehead where I'd hit my head. It stung. "You hit your head pretty hard."

"No. Don't call him. I will."

"Okay." She walked outside as I sat slowly. Not seconds later Dr. Mann walked in, she smiled at me.

"Hi." I said as she grabbed the chart. "How are you?"

"Shouldn't I ask you that?" I chuckled. She was an amazing woman, and a brilliant mind. "I'm gonna take a guess and say you know exactly what's going on?"

"I just need you to confirm it." I said playing with my fingers. She sat on a wheelchair and handed me the chart. I read over it then flipped the page. "Okay." I said finally. She game me a smile.

"I know you're not in the best position currently Dr. Blaine."

"That's an understatement." I said snorting. She continued.

"But, maybe this is a sign? You are living among genius brains, and superheroes after all." There was a pause "We're waiting for your blood tests to confirm it. They should be ready tonight. There's no need to come at any conclusions yet." I looked at her as she gave me a sad smile. She put her hand above mine stopping me from ripping the skin of my fingers.

"When can I leave?" She sighted standing up to some computer.

"When your IV is finished. You need to hydrate. Tea's help, I'll prescribe you some medicine for the pai---

"That's fine. I don't need them." She frowned. "I know I won't last long. Time is of the essence. And I have a mission tomorrow. I don't want pills to make me loopy in my final days."

"I wouldn't recommend fighting at this condition." I smirked.

"And that is something, you won't tell Mr. Stark. We both swore the Hippocratic oath didn't we?" She shook her head. I laid back staring at the ceiling. The reality of the situation yet to settle down. There's no one in this planet that's a bigger idiot then me.

Well, maybe someone.

I walked in Tony's lab spotting Bruce there with some microscope. "Hey!" I said approaching him. "Is Tony around?"

"He'll be back in a minute. How are you feeling? You, once again, gave him a mild heart attack. I think he went to grab some sedative." He said writing some numbers in a piece of paper.