26

If I can still breathe
I am fucking fine.

The sky was full of stars, I loved watching it

The sky was full of stars, I loved watching it. It reminded me of years ago in Paris with Tim, we'd sit in the roof and watch the sky because dad said it was too dangerous. We never listened.

I guess that's why were here. Because we were too stupid to listen. No, means no. But back then it meant so much more, it meant a challenge. A quest to be beaten.

The ice cream was so cold in my mouth. It made my chest ache. It gave me relief, as if it opened my lungs after all those days at the hospital. I missed the hospital, the rush, the smell, the little panic that fills your body every time you are put to the test.

The lights were dim in the kitchen, I sat on the island, reminiscing. Reliving.

"Didn't expect you here." I turned my head smiling. Tony walked in, still in his suit.

"I could say the same." He grabbed a beer bottle and offered it to me. I shook my head. "Don't tell me your pregnant." I chuckled lowly. He turned his head back after I didn't answer a little concerned.

"I'm not

"I'm not. I just-- I don't want to." He put his arms up in defeat leaning in the cabinet in front of me watching. "What? No beer in your floor?" He smirked.

"Out. No one stocking the fridge."

"Ah. Kate didn't do the shopping." He looked at me.

"Well she's not you." I raised my eyebrows looking away. "I shouldn't have said that."

"No you shouldn't." The silence fell upon us. I needed to say something. "Did you get the invite? For the senators dinner?"

"I did. I probably wont go." I frowned in question. "It's not very... ideal time." I nodded, not quite understanding.

"I think I'll go. Use it as my 'coming out to society' moment." He smiled as I took another spoon of ice cream.

"Then I'll--" I winced holding my stomach. Tony's face fell. "What's wrong?" I shook my head breathing out slowly. "Is it your ribs again? I'll call doctor--