14

I held the glass of wine tightly. Tony hadn't come to our room last night and I'd passed out after the second bottle of wine.

I'd woken up to F.R.I.D.A.Y., and the headache killing me from the inside.

After vomiting everything now I found myself on the balcony, still in last night's dress, drinking again. My eyes hurt, probably from a few tears that escaped, I hated crying. Every time I closed my eyes he was there. Staring.

I sat up clumsily, the ringing in my ears was persistent, but, for a second there, it stopped. I turned around inspecting the flat. The guns I'd set out on the table still there, the knife still stuck to the wall where I threw it for no apparent reason.

A piano key played. Then there he was. Looking at me. The piano again. A little smile in his face.

I scoffed. "Fuck off." I said walking to the kitchen. He turned towards me. "What?" He didn't move. I slammed the glass in the marble island. He disappeared.

I didn't realize I was bleeding until the blood started trickling on the floor. I touched the cuts in my hand, the pain finally making me feel something at last. I chuckled a little.

Then, letting the glass fall down and shatter into more pieces I sat on the floor, looking into nothingness

Then, letting the glass fall down and shatter into more pieces I sat on the floor, looking into nothingness. Deeper and deeper, sinking, finally resting, quiet, alone again...

I didn't hear the elevator ring, until a few shouts woke me up from the slumber.

"Lainey! Lainey!" It was Tony, he sounded scared, probably from the whole gun and knives situation. "Oh shit." He kneeled in front of me taking my face in his hands. I didn't react at all. He checked my body looking for the blood source, failing to find it. I gave him my hand.

"Don't worry Stark, I'm not going to kill myself." I pushed myself up, almost falling flat on my face, "I'm fine. I'm— I fine."

"Lainey what— what did you do?" I turned around frowning. Looking into his sad eyes I shrugged.

"I uh— well, the truth is..." I looked out the window where the sun had set. The sky was dark, there were no stars in the sky. It felt like a cold night in London, playing board games in the living room with mum. "It's gonna rain tomorrow."

"What?" He walked to me and taking my face in his hands inspected my eyes. "Are you high?"

"No." I shrugged away from him.

"Okay, can you just please calm down a second. You have to clean that hand up Lainey," I walked to the balcony looking outside, he walked to me, concern deep in his eyes as he held my shoulders "honey, could you just listen to me, for like a minute. Okay, just come with me." He took my hand but I didn't move.

He was panicking. He'd probably never been in a situation like this before. Always the receiving end. The one who needed to sober up. A smirk showed in my face. He gave up rubbing his eyes.