09

"C'mon one more

"C'mon one more."

"This is enough."

"There's literally just one more left."

"I'm going to fall."

"Lainey? I'm right here."

I took the last step down. My legs wobbling as I fell into Tony's arms.

"Told you I got ya." He said steading me up while still holding me close to his body. I smiled kissing his lips slowly, I felt him stiff up. There was this tension in the air every time we were alone, but to me it seemed like he was scared to take that other step. Which I know, sounds to weird. 

"Stairs are a pain in the ass." I said pushing myself off him. I'd gotten great at walking and sitting up and down. But anything that required strong control over my legs made me fall flat on my face.

"Better get rid of them, I don't want anything hurting that pretty ass of yours." I laughed grabbing my water bottle. I'd spend the last week in this hospital, slowly recovering. I still woke up screaming in the middle of the night, but every time Tony was there calming me down.

They'd set up a small bed in the room since he refused for the life of me to leave. He'd go to attend some work stuff, or whatever, only after Pepper and I practically forced his ass out the door.

"So today's the day." He said as we walked back to my very white room. My stuff was packed, whatever little thing I had with me, and the bed was made. A wheelchair was set up in the middle.

"Today is the day." I said zipping the bag up and turning to look at him who was leaning in the door smiling eyeing up and down my body. I wanted to just kiss him and rip those clothes off. It had been so long since I had a one night stand, not that Tony was a one night stand. I sat down in the chair dramatically as he grabbed the bag and began to wheel me out.

I signed my release papers and as the fresh air filled my face, I let out a big sigh. The past week had flown by so fast. It'd been pretty. And cute. Being with him this week was peaceful and quiet. But now the real world was splashing in my face.

He opened the door to his white R8 helping me get in, which I did  quite easily, thank you P.T. Tony drove through the city, stopping for coffee on his way.

"This isn't my apartment." I said as we pulled in at the Avengers Compound.

"Isn't it?" I rolled my eyes crossing my arms.

"Tony—" he got out of the car before I could even begin to say anything. He opened my door. "I swear, if you think—-" a dog bark took my attention. I turned around frowning to see Nova running towards me. I bent down to meet her laughing but, my legs gave out and I fell on my back with her licking my face all over. "Did you bring her here?!" I said laughing rubbing the dog.