30

There were two ways I was debating on sending this story. Finish it in chapter thirty. Or go down the rabit hole. I believe by now you can guess which one.

But no matter, no matter.

This is a filler chapter. I guess a— digging the hole kind of chapter. I felt like their relationship needed a little more story and spice to it. So here it is my loves.

And please, vote, it means so much to me. xxx

————————————

"I'm not used to being loved,
I wouldn't know what to do."

f. scott fitzgerald

I opened the balcony door

I opened the balcony door. Air. Breath. Count to fucking ten.

My body was restless. I was taking in way too much breath. Breathe less. How the fuck am I supposed to do that?

Jesus Christ— fucking—- shit! That little shit.

"Lainey—" I jumped at her touch.

"I really— I don't wanna talk right now." Nat had a guilty pity sorry look in her face. She didn't say anything.

I could read her. I saw it. She was thinking it. She was debating. Asking the question: what did you do Lainey?

Why does everyone need to think I'm such a doing person? Because you are. Everything I do needs to be a calculated, precise saying, move, action. I opened up the box and lit up a cigarette sighting looking outside at the night sky.

I wished to be that night sky. To be so... filled. In the presence of everyone.

"Romanoff!" His voice rang from the hall. I watched everyone leave the conference room, taking a peak at the most interesting person this evening. Myself.

Nat squeezed my arm. "I'll wait up for you." My face remained expressionless as I stared at him. How could he? Why? Why? What was the point? What did I do?

I waited. Everyone left. Everyone. Except... him. He was still inside. I'd left him sitting there, staring at the screen.

I couldn't face him right now. I didn't want to. But as I held tightly to the balcony I heard his footsteps echoing in the marble floor. I held my breath waiting for him to speak. I heard him sniff. He was angry. I could tell.

"Turn around." I felt tears in my eyes. I turned around biting my lip. He was facing the wall, jaw clenched, one hand in his pocket the other scratching his beard.