21

~ I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you

Take me back to the night we met.

Lainey's POV

I walked the stairs down in need of a glass of water. They told me Bucky was coming tomorrow, he'd stayed behind, something to do with the quinjet, I was ecstatic, the others were situated in the guest rooms, Clint sharing a bed bunk with Sam, Nat and Steve sort of ended up together after lingering looks at each other. And Tony he—

"Stop." A whisper came from the living room. I frowned. "No." Again, a whimper next. I walked to the laid couch where Tony was sleeping or, having a nightmare.

I kneeled in front of him placing a hand in his shoulder. "Hey. Tony." He didn't wake up, whimpering and frowning, he was sweating. My heart broke at the sight. I shook him again, he just contorted and hugged the pillow harder. "Anthony!" I whisper shouted. He woke up abruptly. He frowned looking at me, sweat dripping of his forehead.

He stared a second, like he didn't remember where he was. "Are you okay?" I whispered. He gulped wiping his forehead. He nodded.

He walked to the sink quietly, he was wearing shorts and a blue undershirt

He walked to the sink quietly, he was wearing shorts and a blue undershirt. "Tony." I said following him.

"I'm okay." I stood across him at the kitchen island. He washed his face and stood there frozen. I wanted to hug him, hold him. But I could see the broken heart in him, I felt like the bad guy, I... was the bad guy. I walked to the sink next to him filling up a glass.

"What are you doing up?" He finally said, I scoffed.

"I couldn't sleep." How ironic. He nodded. "Tony I'm so—-"

"Don't. Don't finish that." I bit my cheek. Flashbacks from that damned night came to me. He looked at me, pain vivid in his eyes. "I just can't—-" he shook his head, it seemed as if he was fighting a battle inside. "I can't grasp it. I can't believe it. You were—-" he looked around. "Here. All this time, all these years."