06

I sat on the floor of my apartment, my head resting on my bed as I looked out the window to the busy New York streets. I held a gun in my hand playing with it.

It was empty, for your information.

The door opened as Tony walked in with a store bag of stuff. I don't even remember what he said he was going to get, it's all become this weird foggy situation.

"Hey." Said Tony and walked around the bed to see me. He stopped when he saw the gun. "Laines?"

"You know what the problem is?" He took a careful step in my direction

"You know what the problem is?" He took a careful step in my direction. "I don't feel anything. I'm not, sad. Or... angry. I'm... nothing." I looked up at him who had a scared expression in his face. I scoffed and threw the gun in the floor. "It's empty. I'm not that desperate Tony." He sat next to me and placed an arm around. We stayed like that for a minute.

"What do you need?" he asked quietly.

"I have to go to France." I said removing myself from him and standing up. I went to my bedside drawer and pressing a button to the side pooped open a secret compartment which held all my passports and important shit.

"I thought you moved everything Upstate." he said following my every move.

"I'm not just a doctor Tony, you know that." I grabbed a bag from under my bed and threw my documents in there along with another gun I had stored under my coffee table.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I didn't answer him. "I'll come with you." This time I stopped frowning looking at him. "You're going to your dads funeral Lainey you need... moral support."

"See this?" I said pointing to my blank expression. "That's how much moral support I need." He crossed his arms rolling his eyes.

"Exactly. When the emotions hit, I'll be there." I rubbed my face annoyed. He was trying so hard to be there, while I shut him down at every corner. "Look, when my parents died, I got so drunk I didn't remember my name. I'll help you get drunk too, that's something I'm really good at." I raised an eyebrow.

"Right, you are the best example of daddy issues anyone can have." He tilted his head a little hurt. "Sorry." I walked to him looping my hands around his neck. "You really want to come to France with me?"

"They do call it the country of romance don't they?" I kissed him slowly running my fingers through his hair.

"No-one calls it that." He nodded and went back to sucking my lips. I moaned as his hands squeezed my butt sending me backwards in my bed. His hands roamed my body sending shivers everywhere.

He kissed my jaw slowly, then my neck as I breathed hard pulling at his shirt. He quickly found my sweet spot making me moan loudly. Then he pulled away quickly propping himself up.

"What's wrong?" I asked annoyed.

"We— we can't do this." I widened my eyes chuckling.

"Tony Stark, saying no to sex. Wow." He pushed off of me frowning.