31

~a/n

So I have no clue what happened to this chapter. I published it and then half of it ended up being deleted... I'm confused. But here it is, slightly different then you may have read it, if you did.

I apologize for it.

To recap, Lainey calls it off with Tony after a heated fight where he accuses her of lying about him being Teddy's father and other shit. She sends him a mysterious paternal test telling him he broke her heart, after he realizes he fucked up.

In conclusion they both fucked up.

darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

dressed like a daydream

Third person POV

Tony walked inside the tall building, fully covered in black tinted windows. Inside people in silver or white coats walked about their business.

He approached the receptionist.
"Hi." The dark skinned woman with piercing green eyes looked up at him with a smile which fell when she noticed who she was talking to. "Excuse-me?" he asked again when she didn't speak.

"What do you need?" Tony tilted his head confused.

"Uhm, which floor is Lainey Blaine?" The woman stopped typing, pushing her tongue against her cheek never looking at him.

"And do you have an appointment?"

"No." Tony smirked at her, he had never been in this sort of situation.

"Well, sir, you can't get up without an appointment." Tony glared at her.

"I need to give her something. And tell her something. A lot of things actually." She didn't react. "I'm her..." he stopped thinking his next words.

"Yes?" He shut his mouth. Who was this woman.

"Mrs. Green." Her face changed completely when a tall man wearing a suit approached. He was wiping some snow off his shoulders and leaned on the counter picking up his phone as Mrs. Green started to search something for him. Tony turned to him frowning. The man looked him up and down and smirked before going about his business. "Mr. Stark."

"Mr. I don't know who you are." Said Tony taping the marble desk repeatedly, the man chuckled putting his phone back.

"Mrs. Blaine is waiting for you. 40th floor, end of the hall."

"She in the office?" He asked rubbing his hair.

"Just finishing up a meeting. B1 conference room."

"Thanks." Said Tony and made his way to the elevator as Green shouted at him to come back. The man shook his head walking behind him and raising a hand to calm the receptionist.