29

"If you can't wake up from the nightmare,
maybe you're not asleep."

-midara.

"Alex drive!" The gunshots were everywhere

"Alex drive!" The gunshots were everywhere. I bent down, covering my stomach, covering him. Why wasn't he driving?

Looking to the left where the wheel was, "Alex?" I whispered seeing his dead body, blood coming from his mouth.

"Why'd you let me go?" He whispered. The gunshots had stopped. I felt myself falling, into nothing, my breath stuck in my throat. I screamed, It was dark, I couldn't see anything.

It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream.

"Tony." It was so quiet. "Tony!"

"I'm here." I turned around seeing him a few meters away. Running to him he took a gun pointing it to his head. "You choose him."

"NO!"

He pulled the trigger.

"LAINEY!" I stood up from the bed struggling to breathe. I felt tears in my eyes. "You're okay." He had wrapped his arms around holding me. I grabbed his shoulder making sure it was him. Then I heard him chuckling. Turning around my heart dropped. "Tick tick. Teddy's gone to sleep." I jumped from the bed running backwards. Seth smirked at me. "Run Lainey. Run." I felt the floor disappear under me. And I fell.

I woke up breathing heavily. The sun was rising. A baby blue covering the sky behind the big window above us. Tony's arms were holding me against him. He was sleeping quietly.

I slowly got up, wearing a robe and walked to the elevator pressing the third floor. Opening his door I stood looking at him hug his lion.

Nova raised her head and walked between my legs. "Shhh. C'mon. Let's find Sammy." I whispered and closed the door. Entering the kitchen I made her a bowl and turned on the coffee machine running my hands through my face.

"Rough night?" I looked up to see a sweaty workout Steve walking in from his run. I hummed smiling. He grabbed a water bottle and sat in front of me. "Wanna talk about it?" I looked at him a second.