11

" Are you going to jump? Cause if you are I'll leave." I turned my head finding Bucky walking towards me. I opened my arms like I was ready.

"Did you follow me all the way here?" He chuckled

"Did you follow me all the way here?" He chuckled. Shrugging he came to stand next to me.

"I know what it feels like to not know what the next day is gonna look like." I looked at him, he seemed serious, like he actually felt what he was saying. I jumped off to stand next to him.

"I don't know what you mean." He met my eyes with a little smirk.

"Don't you? Lainey, there are many things I have no clue about, but I know what it feels like to be lost, to feel like you have no purpose." I pushed away from the railing and started walking down the bridge, he followed behind with his hands in his pockets.

"Are you hungry? I'm hungry, come on we're eating." I looped my hand around his arm and rested my head on his shoulder. He started humming this old song I couldn't quite remember. Looking at the sky I finally spoke "Hey Bucky, you do know I didn't actually sleep with Seth right?"

"Of course. You're a lousy liar, only Tony's stupid enough to believe you." I gaped my mouth pretending to be hurt.

"I am a great liar thank you." He laughed shaking his head.

I entered the living room. The sun had gone down again. Bucky followed behind me, we'd been out all night and day. He finally convinced me it was time to go back.

We spent the night in a small 24/7 local restaurant, that apparently Steve and Bucky went to when they were little, I couldn't believe the thing was still open. Then in the morning we went on an old Ferris Wheel, thank God it didn't fall from the way it was creaking.

We then went on exploring all of New York during the day. I hadn't had this much fun since Timothée's 16th birthday, where we hosted a party in our pool house. Dad almost murdered me.

"Thank you Buck." I said, his eyes were tired as he held his jacket over his shoulder.

"What are friends for." I smiled at him. "Are you gonna forgive him?" He said pressing the elevator button.

"I'm not sure I'm even mad at him. It's Tony."

"You should at least pretend you're a little mad. Put some effort." I chuckled shaking my head.

"I think I'm more mad at myself for not being angry." He placed his hands in his pockets staring down at me.

"You know Tony's an asshole. But the hard truth is that he actually, somehow, loves you." I laughed as he just stayed serious.

"Right. So Crystal was a, what, coping mechanism?"

"It's Krystal. With a K." I scoffed hitting his shoulder playfully. "You know, she actually looked a lot like you."