12

Third person POV

Tony woke up to the sound of a vacuum. It was a sunday, so Rita must've come to clean up. He threw his arm to the right, but finding the bed empty, he sat up.

He got dressed quickly and walked outside. "Good morning Mr. Stark." Said Rita in her British voice. She was an old woman, who'd been with Tony's family since he was little, so naturally she followed him with the avengers. He smiled at her but his attention was at the empty loft.

"Have you seen

"Have you seen..."

"Ms. Blaine? Yes, she was here about an hour ago. Lovely lady. Very pretty."

"Yes. What do you mean was?" He walked to the open kitchen. There was some still hot coffee in a pot.

"Why she left." Said Rita continuing to clean around without noticing Tony's arousal.

"Left?" He found a little card on the table where an avocado toast was sitting on a plate.

"She grabbed a bag, said she left you a note. She was really a good lady, very polite. She speaks French, did you know that? You better keep her Tones, she even—-" Maria kept talking but Tony wasn't listening anymore.

I'll be back.

was all the note said. He clenched his jaw and picked up the phone dialing her number.

"Hey!" She picked up immediately.

"Lainey—"

"Tony, I'll have to call you back later." He blinked a few times.

"Where are you?" There was commotion in the other side. People talking, shouting, you could hear her heels clicking on some marble floor.

"I'm busy, I got stuff to do." He rolled his eyes, as she imitated his words. "Merde." A foreign voice was heard on the other side. "What are you doing? Careful." She was talking to them.

"Who are you with?" Asked Tony annoyed.

"I'm actually waiting on a call from Seth." Tony tilted his head, as if she could see him.

"That's a joke right?" She didn't answer for a few seconds, it sounded like she was grunting.

"Okay I got to go now. I'll call you."

"Lainey!"

Beep beep. She hung up. Tony placed the phone down calmly trying to release a breath. To be honest, he'd thought they ended things in a good note, they'd gone at least three times again last night before she'd fallen asleep laughing on top of him.

But with Lainey you never knew where your head was. He'd loose his senses when he was with her. And he hated, and loved that at the same time.

"Women." Chuckled Rita. Tony faked a smile and decided to try and keep busy in order to get her out of his head. After all Pepper was already grilling him about a billion things he had to do.