13

I woke up breathing heavily. My chest was aching and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Looking to my left, Tony's side of the bed was empty.

I quickly stood up and went to the balcony door opening it. The cold November air hit my face waking me up. You could see the city from far away. It was so quiet.

I closed my eyes so the dream could wash away

I closed my eyes so the dream could wash away. The sound of metal clanking on the floor took my attention, followed by a quiet curse.

I walked back inside wearing an oversized ACDC shirt of Tony's while making my way to his work station, which was situated right next to the living room. "Hey." I said grabbing his attention.

He was working with this sort of ejector in his arm, which was currently bloody from some cut. I walked next to him running my hand through his shoulders. "Hey, did I wake you up?" He asked grunting.

"No." I said calmly sitting in a chair next to him. I grabbed the first aid kit which was under his desk and started to fix his hand. "What are you doing?" He hissed when I applied disinfectant.

"I'm trying to get these nanotech bits in my arm here—

"The brachioradialis." I said as he nodded.

"But I keep missing, and these mother fuckers hurt badly. Then I dropped the knife I was using to get them out—" I widened my eyes at him but he shook me off. "So then this happened and the cluttering and— ow!" I'd tied the wound with some tape and gauze. Patting his cheek while he looked at his fixed up hand I grabbed the ejector inspecting it.

"Do you want me to do it?" He raised his eyebrow at me suspiciously then offered his hand.

"Please don't cut off my arm." I chuckled tapping to find his muscle then quickly shot three nanobots in him. He clenched his jaw in pain trying to look tough as I giggled. "My pain amuses you?"

"Just a little." He hummed bringing his hand to my neck, tracing my jawline with his thumb. "How long have you been up?" He looked at the clock in his desk.

"A few hours." I glared at him. "Einstein slept three hours a year."

"That's a lie. And you're not Einstein." He raised his eyebrows. "You are Tony Stark. And you are coming to bed." I took his hand but he just pulled me harder into his lap. "Tony?"

"Lainey?" He kissed my lips wrapping his arms around me. "Did you go in the balcony? You're like a popsicle."

"Yeah, I needed to cool off." He frowned meanwhile running his hand up and down my body, either to turn me on or just to make me warmer. Either was fine. "It was nothing, just a dream."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Do, I wanna talk about it? I wasn't going to tell him I head a dream about someone holding a gun to my head while Tony was in front of me.

"No. That's what Dr. West is about." I said rubbing his neck.

"Doctor Who now?" I chuckled at his reference to the movie.