34

Distancecan'tstopwhat'smeantto be

Distance
can't
stop
what's
meant
to be.

Lainey's POV

Tony hugged me from behind as we waited to arrive at the seventh floor. I placed my hands over his pulling him closer to me, his beard grazed my neck making me release a sigh at the lost familiar feeling.

He mumbled something into my neck, "what?" I whispered.

"Mrs. Stark, I like it." I chuckled humming.

"Has a nice ring to it." He kissed my jaw while the doors opened. We intertwined our fingers walking to the end of the hall as I texted May we were here. "Wait." I said bringing him to a halt. I removed the ring from my finger.

"Here I though that was lasting longer." I glared at him.

"I want to break it down to him, you know, we just had a

"I want to break it down to him, you know, we just had a... fight, or whatever." he tilted his head, and I almost felt like he was expecting it.

"You mean you broke up with me." I rolled my eyes at him. He grabbed my hips bringing me close to him, "don't roll you're eyes at me." Our noses brushed and I couldn't help but bite my lip from the close proximity. He cupped my face pulling my lip out with his thumb.

"It's just--- uhm, it'll be confusing, I'll tell him, slowly, tomorrow." My words were flying from my brain as he leaned closer his lips brushing mine. He smirked.

"Confusing for him or for you." He kissed the corner of my mouth pulling back a little, I wrapped my hands around his body under his jacket. Tony hummed, his hand wrapping around my neck, I closed my eyes waiting for-----

"Where have you been I've been calling you---" May opened the door whisper shouting. She gaped at us as Tony sighted, I raised my hand trying to say something, but my flushed cheeks said it all. "Are you joking?" She looked at Tony crossing her arms.

I felt his hand touch my right one grabbing the ring from behind.

"I---" She raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm sorry."