16

"Were you asleep? I'm sorry." I stared at Nat's face as she held a suitcase next to her. She frowned at me. "Are you okay? You look very..."

"Uhmm-- yeah. I just--- how did you know I was here?" I let her in coughing. I could feel the uneasiness in me still there. I felt like I'd run a marathon.

"Where else would you be." She put the suitcase on the floor and opened it. There were dresses and make up and heels in there.

"What's that supposed to be?" I sat on the little stairs of the living room. I could still feel my heart beating crazy. My adrenaline was through the roof.

"It's Thanksgiving tonight." She looked at me when I didn't answer, I laid on the floor staring at the ceiling design. "You're coming."

"Huh--- yeah sure

"Huh--- yeah sure." I said sarcastically. She came to stand above me.

"I mean it. Get up." She walked away to pull out the dresses. "I don't know what happened between you and Tony but---"

"He told me he loved me." She stopped looking back at me. "He told me he loved me and I didn't say it back. I wanted to but--- I... I was scared."

"What?" I looked at her from the floor.

"He left then, again. And... and then he showed up on the news partying with his ex in Las Vegas." Nat walked to me sitting down.

"Did you talk to him?"

"He showed up at May's house, and, the first words he said to me were you're not supposed to be here." She sighted grabbing my hand.

"Tony is many things, but I don't think he's that terrible. I mean he's the biggest asshole but... there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation about it." I glared at her. "You need to talk to him."

"I did talk to him."

"And what did you say?" It's like she can see right through me.

"I... slapped him." Nat snorted. "Twice, the third time he stopped me. Then I told him I hated him." She gave me a side nod.

"Well, you're clearly in love with him." I didn't say anything. "Hey, I don't want to tell you what to do but, I really think you should tell him."

"What exactly? He's probably already--- I don't even want to think about it. I just want to--- to fucking forget the world right now."

"Getting drunk in a Thanksgiving party, pretty sure makes you forget about it." She said with a smirk side eyeing me.

I studied her for a second. Then grunting I sat up. "What did you get me then?"

I sat on the terrace, an empty glass of champagne in front of me. I looked outside as the sun setting slowly. I loved this view.