My Little Cheerleader

A/N I decided to throw a little Solby in here <3

Colby was huddled up with his team receiving pointers from their football coach. It was the last 30 seconds of the game and their coach had called a time out. The Blue Valley Tigers were up by three against their rival school The Andover High Trojans, and both were competing for a spot in the state championship. Colby tried his best to pay attention while also glancing to the side to watch the group of cheerleaders, one of which was his boyfriend Sam. Colby walked to the bench and took his helmet off for some water as Sam came running over.

Colby smiled at him.

"You know how I get when I see you in that outfit," said Colby.

Sam giggled. "Focus moron," he said, kissing Colby on his lips for good luck.

As Sam and Colby stood kissing, Colby heard the voice of his rival Connor Smith on the opposing team. He was the star quarterback at Andover High.

"Hey Brock!" yelled Connor. " Tell your sissy boyfriend to get lost so we can finish the game."

Colby pulled away angrily as he heard Connor's teammates laugh. Sam took Colby's face gently in his hands.

" Hey, just ignore him ok," said Sam, continuing to kiss Colby.

"Hey blondie, bend over a bit more," said Connor.

Colby quickly pulled away and angrily tried to push past Sam. "Colby, don't!!" said Sam, holding him back.

"That was too far!" said Colby angrily.

" Hey, hey look at me," said Sam. "Don't let him get in your head. Save it for the field,okay?"

Colby looked away with a huff, still listening to Connor and his teammates.

"I love you," said Sam.

"I love you too," said Colby.

" Don't worry, you got this," said Sam, walking back over to the cheer squad.

As the referee blew the whistle, both teams lined up for the final showdown. Andover had the ball and as they began Colby saw it go to Connor. The boy had the ball in his hands, looking for an opening but couldn't find one before Colby tackled him to the ground, knocking his throw off balance. It was intercepted by the Tigers and Colby watched as his team scored the final touchdown and the buzzer sounded. Colby quickly stood up, and stared at the boy on the ground in front of him. He slowly ran away to celebrate their victory with his team on the end line. Two of Connors teammates helped him up, and he roughly took off his helmet.

"You idiot, why the hell didn't you cover him??!!" shouted Connor, shoving his teammate away.

He aggressively threw his helmet to the ground in frustration and looked over towards the sidelines. He saw the pyramid of Blue Valley cheerleaders facing the audience, with their backs to the field. He noticed a certain blond at the top of the pyramid.

"Gimme that!" said Connor, ripping the ball from his teammate's hand.

He slowly extended his arm back, preparing for the throw. Colby glanced to the sidelines from the end of the field just in time to see a football soaring through the air towards the Blue Valley pyramid.

"Sam!!!" yelled Colby, running to the sidelines, but he hadn't been fast enough.

The football hit the unsuspecting blond in the back, making the whole pyramid of cheerleaders stumble and tilt. Sam lost his balance and fell to the ground. He landed on his arm and heard a sickening crack as the whole audience gasped. Colby was at Sam's side in an instant.

"Sam, are you okay!!?" asked Colby.

Sam sat up wincing. " My arm!" he said through clenched teeth. " I can't move my arm."

Colby stood up and spun towards the field locking eyes with Connor as medics, teachers and the rest of the cheer squad crowded around Sam.

Colby raced towards the quarterback, leaping through the air and tackling him to the ground. Both boys were throwing punches and rolling around on the field before two teachers pulled them off of each other. They were both bloodied and bruised as the teachers kept them separated. Sam was wheeled off on a gurney towards the ambulance. It sped off so fast that Colby didn't even have time to catch up with it.

He saw Sam's cheer friends waving to him. One of the girls, Katrina, offered to give Colby a ride to the hospital since her and her teammates were going as well.

Once they arrived, some nurses cleaned up Colby's cuts and then bandaged them up. Then they all made their way to Sam's room. His arm was in a sling but besides that, he was alright. The girls decided to give Sam and Colby a moment alone.

"How are you?" asked Colby.

" Well, I won't be cheerleading for at least 6 weeks," said Sam. "But I'll live."

" So you won't be able to cheer for the championship game," said Colby frowning. " Sam, I'm so sorry."

" It's not your fault," said Sam. " Besides, I'll just be your personal cheerleader in the stands instead."

" I like the sound of that," said Colby, leaning in to kiss Sam. Both boys kissed in silence before Colby pulled away.

"What happened to Connor?" asked Sam.

" He's been suspended," said Colby. "From school and the field. Dick."

"Forget about him," said Sam, smiling. "You've still got me."

Colby smiled lovingly at Sam. " My little cheerleader!" he said.