Stay Close

Thanks to @ity_bity_bookworm for the oneshot idea request! :)

Sam, Colby, Nate and Seth were outside talking about the tour they had just taken of Yorktown Memorial Hospital, also known as the Hospital of Nuns. They weren't allowed to film on the tour and what made the whole thing even more sinister is that their tour guide explained that they weren't allowed to film the tour because he doesn't show up on camera.

Colby had thought it was a little strange that someone who didn't believe in the paranormal was giving a tour of one of the most haunted places in America. Colby had been suspicious of the tour guide ever since they found out last minute that the one they had originally been talking to all of a sudden had an emergency out of town, and so they sent a replacement.

" I would be careful investigating alone," said the tour guide. " It's very easy to get lost here."

Colby eyed him suspiciously as Sam held the camera. Sam, Nate and Seth were not at all phased by what the tour guide had just said.

" Dude, I don't like how he said that," said Seth jokingly for the camera.

The investigations all night had gone well but next came the part that Colby dreaded, they all had to investigate alone. Colby made his way to the top floor, Sam made his way to the chapel while Nate and Seth made their way over to their area. They had agreed to meet back at the central area at 3:00 am exactly. 15 minutes later Colby met up with Nate and Seth when he heard them shouting his name.

" Yo, are you guys good?" asked Colby.

" Dude, it may have been our minds playing tricks on us, but we experienced some crazy shit," said Nate. " We saw the craziest, clearest shadow figure right outside our place."

" What?" asked Colby.

Nate and Seth continued to explain the crazy things they had heard and saw. Colby was in disbelief.

" Maybe we should go find Sam then and debrief with him?" asked Colby.

" Well we were calling out," said Nate.

" Yea, I didn't even hear him," said Seth. " I don't know where he is."

" Well, he should be in the chapel," said Colby.

" The chapel?" asked Nate.

" Yea, no he should be right there," said Colby.

Colby's heart nearly dropped as Nate frantically opened the door to the chapel, shouting Sam's name. Colby immediately began to panic when he looked over the balcony and there was no sign of his best friend.

" Wait, what the fuck?" asked Colby. " Is he not here?"

All three of them raced down the stairs to the next level.

" I hope he's good," said Colby. He had said this calmly for the camera but on the inside, Colby was losing his mind.

It was moments like these that made Colby dread doing alone challenges during investigations, knowing that any one of them could be vulnerable to whatever was lurking. The three of them frantically made their way through the hospital, looking for Sam.

" Looking for something boys?" asked the tour guide.

Colby stopped in his tracks, shutting off the camera and setting it down before balling his fists and marching towards the tour guide. Colby roughly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

" Where is he?!" asked Colby threateningly. " What did you do to him?!"

" Colby, what the fuck bro?" asked Nate.

" What are you talking about?" asked the tour guide.

" Just calm down Colby, we'll find him," said Seth.

Colby tightened his grip on the man's collar. " I swear to fucking god, if you've layed a finger on him," started Colby.

" What's this all about, man?" asked Seth. " What's going on with you?"

" This guy warns us that people can easily get lost in this place and then Sam goes missing," said Colby. " That can't be a coincidence, so I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where. Is. He?!"

" Colby, dude, I'm right here," said Sam.

Colby hadn't even heard Sam come up behind him, but he had gently rested his hand on Colby's shoulder. Colby instantly let go of the tour guide.

" What happened?" asked Colby.

" I wasn't getting much activity in the chapel so I moved," said Sam. " I should've said something, I'm sorry."

Colby looked at Sam, then at Nate and Seth and then at the tour guide. The guide straightened his shirt. Colby turned towards him.

" I am so sorry," said Colby.

" It's okay," said the tour guide. " That's actually not the first time that's happened to me."

" I-I need a minute," said Colby as he made his way towards the hospital entrance.

Colby was sitting outside on the steps of the hospital. He suddenly felt a familiar presence looming behind him.

" You okay?" asked Sam, sitting down beside Colby.

" Yea," said Colby. " I just, I thought I lost you."

" I'm sorry," said Sam. " I shouldn't have moved."

" Please, don't ever do that again," said Colby. " You scared me half to death."

" I promise," said Sam. " You wanna keep going or call it quits?"

" Oh, we're gonna keep going," said Colby. " We've got a double estes method to do, but this time you're not going anywhere, got it?"

" Ok mom," laughed Sam.

Colby laughed back. " Seriously, stay close," he said.

" Always," said Sam.