Nothing Without You

A/N: I would suggest reading Part 1 of the Protective Colby series before reading this story, if you haven't already ;)

Sam and Colby were out filming for their channel. They decided to walk because the area where they were wasn't far from their house. It had just turned to night time and they could see the gate of their house in the distance. Suddenly, Colby felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He stopped and turned around but didn't have time to react as bags were thrown over both of their heads. Strong arms wrapped around them, throwing them into a van and knocking them out as they took off.

Sam and Colby looked around frantically when the bags were removed from their heads. They were in a dark room. Colby was tied to a chair. His wrists and legs tied to the arms and legs of the chair. He tried to pry free but it was no use. He saw Sam beside him, leant against a wall, his hands tied behind his back and his feet tied together.

" Sam, you okay?" asked Colby.

" I'm good," replied Sam. " You?"

" I'm alright!" said Colby.

" Where are we?" asked Sam. " Who grabbed us?"

"Not sure," said Colby.

Colby noticed several men standing around them, they were still, they said nothing. He could only see their silhouettes lit up by a single light in the room.

" Who are you?" asked Colby. " What do you want with us?"

There was no answer from any of them. Colby tried once more. " If you're not gonna talk, you wanna just let us go then," said Colby, slyly.

" Why would we do that?" said a voice.  Sam and Colby knew they recognized it. " Then you'd miss all the fun!"

They watched as a man walked closer to them, and saw him when he stepped into the light and it illuminated his face.

" Clayborn!" said Colby, eyes wide in surprise.

" It's been a long time, Colby!" said Clayborn.

" I thought you went to prison in Florida," said Sam.

" Knowing my skills, do you really think any prison could hold me long?" asked Clayborn. " I escaped months ago. I've waited a long time for this moment! For revenge!"

" Revenge for what?" asked Colby. "You threatened me and then kidnapped my best friend. You got what you deserved!"

" You ruined me!" said Clayborn, his hands grasping the arms of Colby's chair. " My entire reputation, my empire, was destroyed by a child!"

" Maybe next time, don't keep all your secrets on a damn flash drive," said Colby. His head whipped to the side as Clayborn delivered a hard slap to his face.

Sam winced and attempted to pry free. " Leave him alone!" yelled Sam.

" No matter," said Clayborn. " This time, I'm gonna make sure I put you down, permanently! You and your little friend. After he's served his purpose, of course."

" What the hell does that mean?" asked Sam.

" You'll find out soon enough," said Clayborn as he snapped his fingers.

Two men went over to Sam. He tried to scoot away from him and fought as they roughly forced him up. He tried to pull free as they dragged his struggling form away.

" No! No! Let me go!" shouted Sam, as he tried to wriggle free.

"Sam!!!" said Colby, pulling roughly at the ropes. "Stop! Don't hurt him! Please!"

Colby pleaded as the men forced Sam through a door and it shut behind them. Colby's head shot back to Clayborn. " Look, it's me you want and you've got me!" pleaded Colby. " Let Sam go, he has nothing to do with this!"