The Beginning Of The End

Sam and Colby were still trying to process what they found out in the basement. Everything before had seemed to point them towards the basement, but now it's as if something wanted them to go back to the woods. They agreed that they would go for the video, but only if they stayed together. Sam and Colby had been warned several times to not go, but they knew they had too. They wanted answers. Halfway through, Sam's flashlight died.

" No way, dude my light is out," said Sam.

" You're fucking joking," said Colby.

Colby examined the light closely and it had indeed died, but it had been on full battery when they left.

" Do not leave my side," said Colby.

Colby's eyes glowed red and he scanned the area as they walked. They had reached the graveyard and that's when they started hearing noises and realized that something had followed them. Sam knelt down to get a better look at the Alice box.

" Dude, everything is saying it's violent," said Sam. " It has some violent master plan or something, just like they said in the basement. Everything is after us. That's why we're being stalked, why it wants to attack."

Sam and Colby suddenly whipped their heads towards the path. Sam had thought he saw something move. Colby began to panic.

"We're surrounded!" said Colby.

Several entities manifested in front of Sam and Colby. Some of them, the boys had never seen before, others they recognized as demons thanks to the black eyes. Sam and Colby knew they were from Hell, and had just been waiting for them to come back out. Colby pushed Sam behind him, as several entities came at them, and then disappeared. Sam and Colby looked around, making sure they were still intact, luckily they were.

" I don't understand," said Sam. " Why didn't they attack?"

" They can't," said Colby. " They figured that out the hard way. We're both protected. They can't attack us, but they want to."

" So they're messing with us instead," said Sam.

" Yea, that's what it seems like," said Colby.

Both of them looked around frantically as they continued to hear several noises around them.

"Dogs," said Sam.

" Shit!" said Colby. " We need to go!"

Colby pulled Sam with them as they ran through the woods back towards the house. When they reached it, they both stopped to catch their breath.

" What was that about?" asked Sam.

" It kept mentioning dogs," said Colby, " and then all of a sudden we heard some?"

" You think they sent the dogs to attack us?" asked Sam.

" They can't do it themselves," said Colby, " so they keep sending other things to do it instead."

" Fuck, they're really not gonna stop are they?" asked Sam.

" I don't think so," said Colby.

" Should we really go back down to the basement?" asked Sam.

" We need more answers," said Colby. " The more we know about everything, and confirm if what Beezlebub said is true, the more ready we will be."

" Ok then, let's do it," said Sam.

" Together this time," said Colby.

Sam smiled at him. " Right," he said.

Sam and Colby made their way down to the basement.