The Deal

Sam and Colby were back at The Conjuring House. The fans had gotten the 250,000 likes on the last video and as promised, the boys were back for the overnight challenge. Sam was in the room upstairs while Colby stayed in the basement. He and Sam had both taken walkie talkies to be able to stay in contact with each other throughout the night, just in case. Colby set up his camera in the corner and turned on the spirit box to see if he could catch any words. He quickly began asking questions.

" Is there an entity down here with me?" asked Colby.

"Leave!" said the spirit box.

"I'm not leaving until I get a sign," said Colby, aggressively.

"Get out!" the spirit box replied.

" No!" said Colby. "You want me gone, give me something and I'll go."

Colby really wanted to catch something for the fans. He knew it would be risky and Amanda had previously warned them about the entity in the basement, but with what they caught last time, Colby wanted more. They had been so close.

" Last warning!" uttered the spirit box.

Colby huffed. "I'm not afraid of you!" he said. "I'm not going anywhere!"

The room went silent and Colby looked around confused, waiting for anything to come through the spirit box. Instead he heard a blood curdling scream from up above him. Sam! Colby quickly grabbed the walkie talkie.

"Sam, what's going on up there?" asked Colby. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly Cory's voice came over the walkie talkie. "Colby, you need to get up here!!" said Cory frantically. "He's being attacked!!"

Colby quickly shut off the camera and sprinted up the stairs of the basement to the door. He tried the lock but it wouldn't budge. The demon had locked him in.

" I'm locked in!" said Colby into the walkie talkie.

" I'll come let you out," said Cory.

" No, don't," said Colby. " Do not leave Sam's side, don't let him out of your sight."

" Okay, I won't," said Cory, attempting to hold Sam down on the bed.

Sam had his eyes shut tightly. Sweat dripped down his face as he writhed around on the bed. Colby clenched his fists as he heard Sam's muffled screams.

"And Colby," said Cory.

"Yeah?" Colby replied.

" Don't let it win," said Cory.

Colby took his finger off of the button and walked furiously back down to the basement.

" Alright listen you demonic freak!" said Colby. " I know you can hear me and I know what you're doing. Let him go!"

" No!" said the spirit box.

" I swear to god, if you hurt him, I will make it my sole mission to destroy you!" said Colby "You'll be the one who's afraid of me! Now leave him alone!"

" Mine!" said the spirit box.

Colby walked frantically around the basement, looking for any type of figure or sign or something. He stopped suddenly, and Colby shut his eyes tightly as he heard Sam's screams of pain echo through the mostly empty house.

" Ok, you win!" said Colby. "I'm sorry!"

"Too late!" said the spirit box.

"Please, I'll do anything!" pleaded Colby.

Colby waited for a response, the sound of the radio static filling the room before the box finally responded.

"Deal?" said the spirit box.

Colby hesitated. He had been warned about this. It was kind've what demons did. He pondered the offer.

" What do you want?" asked Colby.

" Your soul!" answered the spirit box.

" No!" said Colby. " Not happening!"

" Sam's soul!" replied the spirit box.

" No! No! Wait!!" said Colby. "If I do this, will you leave him alone?"

"Yes!" replied the spirit box. "Promise!"

Colby paused. The radio static filled the basement.

Sam's eyes shot open and he quickly sat up on the bed, panting heavily. He frantically looked around the room and locked eyes with Colby, who was sitting beside the bed. He had his hand on Sam's shoulder in an effort to calm him down.

"It's okay Sam," said Colby. " You're okay!"

"What happened?" asked Sam.

" You were attacked," said Colby. "How do you feel?"

"Like I've been hit by a bus!" said Sam. "What about you?"

" I'm okay," said Colby. "It just locked me in the basement, but I busted the door."

"Yea it just left you alone," explained Cory to Sam. " It doesn't normally do that." He eyed Colby suspiciously. He thought Colby would speak up, but he said nothing.

"Weird," said Sam.

" Don't worry Sam," said Colby. "You won't have to spend another minute here, we're leaving."

" I think your fans will understand," said Cory.

"Let's get out of here!" said Colby.

Sam slowly got up off of the bed and followed Colby to gather their stuff. Colby seemed off, but Sam couldn't figure out why. Sam and Colby had brought their bags to the main entrance to head out. Sam set his stuff down and turned to shake Cory's hand, thanking him for the help and hospitality. Cory followed Sam out the front door, grabbing some of the bags to help them down the stairs.

Colby grabbed his bag and headed towards the door. He suddenly felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up and he stopped in his tracks. Colby glanced back and sensed something behind him, in the doorway of the basement. He knew exactly what it was. He saw the figure of the small boy with a sinister grin staring back at him.

Colby said nothing, he simply turned back around and headed for the exit. He shut the door behind him as the demon continued to smile, patiently waiting for that time in just a few years when he and Colby would meet again, face to face, as doomed souls for eternity.