The Consequences

Colby was laying on his hotel bed. He had tried on several occasions to reach out to Sam, but his best friend was completely ignoring him. Colby was scrolling through his phone when he suddenly received a notification from YouTube.

@JaceLittle liked your recent video.

Colby smiled and sent Jace a message, asking if he was still in Vegas. Jace responded Yes and Colby asked if he would like to hang out.

Colby got up when he heard a knock on his hotel room door. He looked through the small hole and opened the door for Jace.

" Hey," said Colby.

" Hey," said Jace. " It's funny, when you texted me, I wasn't expecting to be dropped off at a hotel."

" Yea, sorry about that," said Colby.

"You don't need to apologize," said Jace. " Is everything okay?"

" Not really," said Colby. " It's Sam."

" Oh," said Jace. " What happened?"

"It's a long story," said Colby.

" It must've been pretty intense if he kicked you out," said Jace. " Do you wanna talk about it?"

" No," said Colby. " It's fine, he'll come around eventually."

" If you say so," said Jace. " So, what should we do?"

" I was gonna just gonna go get food," said Colby.

" Sounds good to me," said Jace.

" I know a great place not far from here," said Colby. " It has a variety."

" Hey, I'm not picky," said Jace.

Colby and Jace reached the restaurant a few minutes later. They sat down in the booth and just talked while they waited for their food.

" Dude, it's just so wild how you ended up in jail at the same time as my dad," said Jace.

" If I hadn't gone to the felon pod, I never would have met him," said Colby. " I'm not saying it's a good thing to go to jail though, I wouldn't recommend it."

Jace laughed and then smiled. " You know, it's nice to hear all of these great stories about him," said Jace. " We only really started connecting again when he joined the Florida police department. I just wish we could've had more time together."

" If I had known I was taking up all of his time, I wouldn't have called him so much," said Colby. " I didn't even know he had a son."

" Hey, it's not your fault, you didn't know," said Jace. " Besides, I have you to thank for the little time I did get to spend with him, so thank you."

" Cheers to that," said Colby, as they clinked their drinks together.

" Do you mind if I take a photo for my Instagram?" asked Jace.

" No, that's fine," said Colby.

Jace held up the phone so that he and Colby were both in the frame and then snapped the photo. He then posted it, along with the caption of where they were.

" Oh I almost forgot," said Colby. " Your dad's crew is probably gonna wanna see you."

" I haven't seen them since everything happened," said Jace. " It'll be nice to catch up."

Colby then dialed Tiny's number, but there was no answer. " Hmm, that's weird, he didn't answer," said Colby. " He always answers."

" I wouldn't sweat it too much," said Jace. " They can handle themselves."