Lost Love

Sam and Colby were on their final trip with Josh and Seth. They were headed to some caves they had found deep in the woods. When they had asked the locals about the rumors surrounding this place, they were told that supposedly the ghost of a widow haunts these caves. Many explorers have ventured deep into these caves, many had gone missing, and those who did make it out, refused to talk about what they saw, the trauma being too much to bear. This was exactly the type of place that Sam and Colby loved to explore, and though the stories were scary, they weren't gonna let that stop them.

When they reached the entrance of the cave, they took out their flashlights and made their way in. Apart from different noises here and there, they weren't anything too scary. They had called out to the ghost of the widow, named Jane, several times and could've sworn they heard the response of a woman's voice in the distance. With each step the cave got deeper and they went up several levels. Eventually, they came to a spot with a hole in the ground that looked to be about an 8-foot drop. Anyone who fell down there, would surely be badly injured, or worse, but these boys had no fear. Colby, Josh and Seth sat on the edge of the hole, their feet dangling over the edge as they looked below, seeing nothing but solid ground below them.

Sam did a panorama around them, they all looked up to say Hello to the camera. Then Colby and Sam switched spots. Colby now had the camera, and Sam sat on the edge as he smiled at the camera and this was when things started to go wrong! They neglected to see the figure of a woman crawling her way up through the hole, until she grabbed Sam's ankle, and he slipped off of the edge. He managed to grab the side of the cliff, but this woman still had a firm hold on him.

" Holy shit!" yelled Colby, as he dropped the camera, and ran towards Sam.

Josh, Seth and Colby scrambled to pull Sam up, using all of their strength, they were able to pull him up and out, but the woman refused to let go, her dead eyes staring up at them and her snarling echoing around them.

While Josh and Seth pulled Sam to safety, Colby used his foot to get the woman to release her hold on Sam. He succeeded and they were able to pull Sam up to safety and away from the edge as the woman scampered back down the way she had come. They all panted heavily, and let out a huge breath as they smiled at each other. Just then a hand shot out and wrapped around Colby's ankle. He fell to the ground as he was dragged towards the edge of the cliff. The three boys rushed towards him but were too late as he lost his grip on the edge and hit the bottom with a huge thud, smacking his head on the ground. His vision was blurry as he looked up at the dead appearance of the woman as she dragged him by his ankle down the tunnel.His screams echoed off the cave walls. Colby attempted to kick at her, but the fight in him was fading, his aim was off and he felt himself slipping out of consciousness as the woman quickly dragged him out of sight. Sam stopped at the edge of the cliff.

"NOOOOO!" he shouted. "COLBYYYYYY??!!" There was no response. Just silence as the three boys stared in disbelief.

Colby's eyes fluttered open, his vision blurry. When his sight finally adjusted, he was able to feel the pain again as well. The cuts and scrapes from his fall, and the pain from being dragged stung all over and his head pounded. He reached up and felt the dried blood on his head. He noticed that while his hands were free, his feet were shackled tightly to the cave wall. He attempted to stand, but didn't even make it halfway before he sunk to the ground in dizziness. Colby looked around him, he was still in the cave, this time in a more open area, with a waterfall, the sound of it being the only sound for miles.

He looked up as he heard someone coming, hoping maybe it was Josh, Seth or Sam. Instead he looked up once again into the eyes of this woman. She looked dead, but she wasn't. Colby thought she had been a ghost, but he was wrong, this woman was living, even if she didn't look like it. She stumbled slowly over to Colby's position, and crouched down to his level. Colby scooted away from her as she stared at him curiously. Colby glared at her, praying that this wasn't the moment she would kill him. He figured if she wanted to, she would've done so already, so what did she want?