Never Over

Shoutout to @veousia for the request idea! 🙂

The last thing Colby remembered before blacking out was the sharp pain in his neck while they were walking up to their doorstep. Sam had only been a few feet in front of him and that was the last thing he saw before losing consciousness.

Colby's eyes shot open. He looked around frantically, and he was in what looked like a small cell except with glass see through walls. He didn't recognize the place that he was in but it looked like a lab of sorts. He also looked at his clothes. He was in a teal blue jumpsuit and all of his rings had been removed. He looked beside him and Colby's eyes grew wide as he saw Sam in the cell next to him, unconscious on the floor. Colby slowly made his way towards Sam, and rested his hand on the bullet proof glass wall that separated them.

" Sam?" asked Colby, not even sure if Sam could hear him.

Sam didn't budge, he just laid there. Colby was growing more worried. He then tore his gaze away from Sam as he heard a door opening. He looked up to the pedway outside of the cell and a woman in a lab coat stood there, watching him.

" Hey," said Colby. " Can you help us?"

The woman didn't respond. She just stood there curiously.

" Do you know what's wrong with my friend?" asked Colby. Still nothing. " Can you even hear me?"

Suddenly, two men, also in lab coats, came in through another door and they walked up to Colby's cell. They punched in a code and part of the glass slid open. The two of them stepped in and grabbed Colby by his arms. He was too weak to fight back, he didn't know what they had given him, but whatever it was, it was working. Colby's vision was still a bit blurry at times and he could only make out certain things around him as these two men led him down a long hallway.

He was led into a room and they sat him down on a chair. He felt as his wrists were duct taped to the arms of the chair and his ankles to the legs of the chair. Colby's vision became more clear as he looked around him, more specifically at the older man in a ski mask dressed in all black. He had a gun in his hand. Colby's head whipped to the side as the same woman he had seen before entered the room.

" Hello, Colby," she said.

" What is going on?" asked Colby. " Who are you?"

"I'm going to be the one that asks the questions around here," she said. " For example, does this scene look familiar to you?"

Colby looked at his surroundings, he wasn't exactly sure what she meant. The woman could see the confused look on his face.

" You're right," she said. " Let's add a couple of things and then see if you remember."

Another man suddenly led the struggling form of another person into the room. The person had a bag on their head and was thrown to their knees just to the left of Colby. Now, it was all coming back to him.

Colby looked into the terrified eyes of his best friend as the bag was removed from his head. He could see that Sam was gagged before they placed the bag back over Sam's head. The memories of the night on the rooftop in LA and the prank he had pulled were seared into his brain.

" You remember now, don't you Colby," asked the woman. " Which means, you know what happens next?"

" This isn't real," said Colby. " It's just a prank."

" Not this time," said the woman.

Colby flinched as the sound of a bullet being fired filled the room. Colby watched Sam's body flop to the ground and saw the red puddle forming around his head as the blood seeped through the bag.