Best Part Of Me

Sam and Colby had just ended a livestream when Colby got an alert from an email on his phone.

" Hey Sam, check this out," said Colby.

Sam took Colby's phone and carefully read the email. " The Ultimate Best Friend Challenge!" Sam read. " Think you and your best friend have what it takes to win? Join us for the ultimate 4D experience." The email also had an address and phone number listed.

" That sounds like fun," said Colby. " What do you think?"

" Hmm, I don't know," said Sam. " Let's call the place first."

Sam had tried to call them, but the line was busy, so he left a voicemail. Sam switched places with Colby on the computer and quickly Googled the name of the company. 4D Vegas: Ultimate Immersive Experience. From what Sam could see, the reviews looked good.

" Everything okay, Sam?" asked Colby.

" Yea, I just wanna make sure we know what we're getting ourselves into," said Sam. " I wanna play it safe this time."

" Well, what do you say?" asked Colby.

" Alright, but let's be careful," said Sam. " We haven't had the best experiences with things like this."

" I promise, the minute something looks off, we can bail," said Colby.

" Okay, let's do it," said Sam.

Colby decided to respond to the email and a few minutes later, they quickly got a response back saying everything was set up.

A few days later Sam and Colby pulled up to the location. It was a warehouse that had been renovated to house several different businesses and outlets. They stepped in through the front door and looked around, but didn't see anyone. They did however see an envelope addressed to them sitting on the table in the foyer. Colby picked it up and opened it.

" Welcome Sam and Colby to the pilot project of our new 4D experience, The Ultimate Best Friend Challenge," Colby read. " We will happily guide you through this experience using technology because we wish for guests to have the full immersive experience. To have the full experience as it is intended, it is to be mostly self guided. We look forward to having you. First Challenge: Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who answers the first question.Your experience awaits!"

" Seems cryptic enough," laughed Sam.

" Are you still okay with this?" asked Colby.

" Well, as far as the website, the place checks out, so yeah," said Sam.

" Well, Rock Paper Scissors I guess," said Colby.

Sam and Colby both tied several times until Colby finally won. Suddenly a door opened and the boys looked at each other. They carefully and cautiously stepped through, holding onto each other as they made their way into the darkness. Colby could feel Sam's hand gripping his sweatshirt tightly when suddenly it was gone. Colby couldn't tell what was happening because of the dark, but he heard something moving in the room. Once the noises stopped, the lights came up and Sam and Colby were in a singular giant room and they were separated by a glass panel. Sam on one side and Colby on the other.

" What is going on?" asked Colby.

" Why would they separate us?" asked Sam.

" Maybe this was a bad idea," said Colby. He turned back to the door and realized there were no handles on it. It was just a steel door with a small glass panel at the top.

" Shit!" said Colby.

" Hello, gentlemen," said a voice. "Welcome to the Ultimate Best Friend Challenge."