Onward and Upward

Sam and Colby were on Day 2 of staying at the Conjuring House and already all signs were pointing to the basement. Ever since they had got there, they had resisted going down, wanting to wait for the perfect moment, but something was urging them down there. Sam and Colby were in the middle of investigating the house while Josh and Seth waited outside. Even then, something wanted them to go down there.

Sam and Colby raced down the stairs towards the rem pod that was out of control. Sam had shut off the camera and knelt down to reconfigure it when he saw Colby's head shoot up towards the basement. His eyes were red.

" Colby, what?" asked Sam. " What is it?"

" That thing down there just spoke to me," said Colby.

" What did it say?" asked Sam.

" Nothing good," said Colby. Colby's eyes were suddenly back to their normal blue. " Listen to me Sam, you can't go down there."

" Dude, we have to go down there for the video at one point," said Sam. " It's what we've been building up to."

" I'll go," said Colby. " I don't want you anywhere near there."

" Why not?" asked Sam.

" Just trust me on this, okay?" said Colby.

" Ok," said Sam.

Sam and Colby had tried to ignore everything and didn't tell Josh and Seth what had happened. After a while, Josh and Seth left and Sam and Colby were asleep. They had decided to sleep in the kitchen because that is where they felt the safest. Colby suddenly woke up with a massive headache. He looked beside him and saw Sam sound asleep. He decided to just step outside for a minute. He didn't know what time it was, he just needed some air.

Colby stepped out onto the property near the cars into the cold crisp air. They had been warned about intruders and trespassers in the area and hearing these noises late into the night was certainly not a great feeling. Colby walked a little further down the property when he heard something in the distance, curious to see what it was.

Sam's eyes shot open and he sat up on his bed, curiously looking around. He could've sworn he heard something. Sam panicked when he looked next to him and didn't see his best friend.

" Colby?" asked Sam.

" Sam?" responded Colby. " Sam, are you there? Help me!"

"Colby, dude where are you?" asked Sam.

" The basement," replied Colby. " Hurry Sam! Please hurry!"

Sam could hear the panic in Colby's voice and he bolted towards the door of the basement. It was wide open and Sam carefully but quickly made his way down the stairs. Sam frantically looked around the room, he didn't see Colby, and his heart dropped when he heard the door to the basement slam shut. An entity suddenly manifested in front of him, it looked like a black figure of sorts, almost like a shadow figure, but it had a massive grin and dead white eyes. It suddenly spoke to him.

" I'm sorry," laughed the entity. " This look is a little much. I can disguise myself as many things."

Suddenly, Sam looked at it in shock as it manifested into a spitting image of Colby. Sam was in disbelief.

" Would you prefer this appearance?" asked the entity, as it did a little spin. This thing even sounded like his best friend.

" You're not Colby," said Sam.

" I fooled you though, didn't I?" laughed the entity. " Most people know me as Beezlebub, Demon Prince, at your service." The entity did a slight bow.

" Where is he?" asked Sam, threateningly.