For Love

Colby had been enjoying his time in Australia. Him, Sam and The Boys had caught some crazy stuff over the past few days and Colby was feeling invigorated. He had needed some time away and Australia had been the perfect place to go. Colby was sad that it was over, but he was excited for where they would go next. He loved traveling, it helped to get his mind off things. The first thing Colby did when they got back to Vegas was go for a hike. Whenever he was feeling stressed or frustrated, he went hiking. Colby had his headphones in as he walked along the trail. He stopped for some water and looked out across the way. Colby suddenly turned when he heard something up ahead of him. He took out his headphones and looked up over the hill of the trail. He saw several men in uniforms. Naomi's men. He'd recognize those Area 51 uniforms anywhere. Colby saw them point towards him and start running. Colby quickly ran back down the trail, stumbling as he lost his footing. Colby got up and brushed himself off, frantically looking around, but no one was there. Colby had seen them. He knew he had. Colby thought maybe he had been out in the sun too long and began making his way back home. Colby's wrists suddenly started burning and when he looked at them, they were covered in blood. Colby's vision became blurry and then completely dark as he collapsed.

Colby's vision was blurry when he opened his eyes. It took him a second to adjust to his surroundings. He could've sworn he heard someone calling his name. When Colby's vision became clear once again. He knew immediately where he was. His cell, in Area51. It was the same facility that Naomi had brought them to in Los Angeles. Colby's wrists were still secured in front of him with cuffs. That explained the bleeding, but how did he get back here and how had he escaped? Colby couldn't remember any of it.

" Wakey, wakey, Colby," said Sierra. Colby darted his gaze towards her. " Welcome back."

" What have you done?" asked Colby.

" My latest technological advancement is a success," said Naomi. " You were the first test subject."

Sierra proudly held up the syringe. It was the same one she had injected into Colby when he was chained up in the facility.

" What are you talking about?" asked Colby.

" I'm surprised you didn't catch on sooner," said Sierra. " Considering there were little glitches along the way. You noticed them, but you just thought you were paranoid."

" Glitches?" said Colby.

Sierra laughed. " You really haven't figured it out, have you? Sierra asked. "You never left our facility, Colby. You never escaped. You never went to Texas, or Australia. You've been here the whole time."

" No, that's impossible," said Colby. " It was real. It felt real."

" It was supposed to," said Sierra. " Mentally, you were somewhere else but physically, you never left here. The serum we gave you allowed you to create a false reality in your head, playing out exactly the way you wanted it to, but even then, you still noticed the little mistakes, the times when little things seemed off about a situation, the hallucinations. All part of the trial process."

Sierra circled Colby as she continued. Colby hated to say it, but now it was all starting to make sense.

" The best part is, we were able to see everything," explained Sierra. " The reality that you created played out like a movie for us. We saw everything. Heard everything. Remarkable, isn't it?"

" You're lying," said Colby. " Stop lying."

" It's not a lie Colby," said Sierra. " If it was, how do you explain where we got this?" Sierra held up the Soul Killer in her hands and Colby's eyes went wide.

" You told us exactly where and how to find it when you called the Winchesters," explained Sierra. " You gave us all the information we ever needed. Of course we knew the serum wouldn't last long, it was only a matter of time before it wore off."