Loud And Clear

Sam and Colby were hosting one of their famous parties. It was so crowded people could barely move. Luckily, the boys had been more prepared this time than last time. They had hired even more security because they were not about to get robbed again. The party had been going great and it didn't look like it was about to die down anytime soon, even though it was getting late. Sam and Colby had learned from previous situations to be a little more responsible with their parties. Colby walked up beside Sam and spoke as loud as he could.

" I think we should probably turn the music down a little," said Colby loudly.

" You're probably right," responded Sam.

Both of them looked towards the DJ at the front of the house.

" I'll go ask him to turn it down," said Sam.

Colby watched as Sam went over to the small stage and stepped up into the DJ booth. He saw Sam politely ask the DJ to turn the music down. What Colby wasn't expecting to see however, was this guy elbow his best friend and push him away. Sam had winced a little bit but he was fine. Colby didn't hesitate to march over. Sam watched as Colby came over, seeing the look on his face and knowing he must have seen what just happened. Sam quickly stepped in front of him.

" Colby! Colby, easy," said Sam.

Colby looked at the DJ and then looked at Sam. Colby took a deep breath as he stepped up to the DJ booth.

" I'm pretty sure he asked you to turn the music down," said Colby. He was doing his best to stay calm.

" What if I don't?" said the DJ.

" Then we call security," said Colby.

The DJ huffed in annoyance. " You're such a fucking buzz kill man," he said. He then turned the music down. " There. Happy?"

" Thank You," said Sam. He then stepped off of the DJ booth and went to join the party again.

Colby followed behind but he stopped in his tracks, grabbing the DJ by the forearm, squeezing tightly. The young man looked up at him as Colby spoke quietly to him.

" Touch him again, I'll break your arms," said Colby threateningly.

The DJ looked at Colby in disbelief. " Maybe I should call security," he said.

" Do it! I dare you!" said Colby. He then roughly let go of the DJ and went to find Sam.

The young DJ gulped and turned the music down a little bit lower. He got the message. He had got the message loud and clear.