1. False Accusations

1 Month Ago

Bailey's POV:

What does the author mean when it's written that-

What can be interpreted during the fight between-

If it were to happen in our society would the events happen again or- That's a hypothetical.

She said there were no hypotheticals. I rolled my eyes finishing the last question of my test. English is my strong suit, It goes English, then Math and History then any of the sciences. I just can't wait to get out of here, it's senior year, one more semester to go then boom off to college which I'm still deciding. I haven't gotten that many scholarships at all, even the smartest kid in school has only gotten one scholarship but that's to Yale and when looking at his scrawny glasses self you would think he's a nerd and he is so it isn't a surprise to us, he's for sure going to be the valedictorian.

I don't care about any of that though, as long as I get good grades then I'll get somewhere, well at least that's what my parents say. They want me to go to the University of Notre Dame in Indiana because that's where they went but I don't wanna go there and their acceptance rate is 16%, my dream university has always been the University of New York and the acceptance rate is the same it's just further away which I guess I'm okay with.

I flipped my packet over standing up from my seat seeing a few heads stare in my direction, why does everyone always look? It's weird sometimes. I went to the teacher's desk being the 6th person to turn in the test, I wrote a little much for the 4th question. "Ah well if it ain't Bailey, are you sure you're done?" The middle-aged woman in a pair of mom jeans asks and I nod having confidence although whenever teachers ask that it puts a little seed of doubt in my mind. "Alright, I'm sure your answers will be detailed as always go on." She goes back to her computer and I go back to my desk staring at the students back in front of me as they're still working on their test.

Although I have testing anxiety I tend to do well but that must just be my big brain, when there's a test, quiz, or exam in front of me everything I learned seems to vanish and I'm stuck trying to remember but once I start the problem the rest of because effortlessly with the exception of zoning out, bouncing my leg, glancing around at different things, frantic breathing and constant erasing then re-writing. I'll get better, I've been saying that since freshman year and it still hasn't improved and I heard that school is a lot different in college than high school, it's harder and more stressful. I'm not ready.

"Oh, my bitch you've saved me." I feel a body attack mine as soon as I walked out of the classroom "Really you're bitch?" I looked down at the dark-haired girl who stood up fixing her jean jacket, "Yeah you're my bitch, okay get it in your head but please Mr. Cunnings doesn't stop talking it's just lecture after lecture and he speaks in the more monotone voice you don't understand my pain Bailey because you're smartass had to be in those honor classes." She complains as we follow the sea of students most of them walking in the lanes they're supposed to except for those kids who feel it's necessary to run to class. They're definitely freshmen.

"I don't know why you're not in my classes, you're smart too." I shrugged my shoulders, I don't know why she changed her classes last minute we were going to have a majority of our classes together but it was something about surpassing everyone in her class because they're dumb and she'd be the best in the class. I don't know. "Yeah but not as smart as the kids in your classes, not as smart at you okay and I'm smart in makeup, not statistics I'd fail the second I step foot in the classroom now what's the plan after school it's Wednesday meaning we can go to the mall." She clasps her hands together smiling.

"Don't you have enough lipgloss as it is?" She shoots me a glare pulling one of her three bottles of lipgloss out of her jacket pocket, "You can never have too much, here the bad bitch will decide to show when you put this on." She hands me one and I see the name. "Heavenly?" I question as we make a turn down a hallway trying to avoid the number of shoulders bumping into everyone. "Yes, that is what you feel now hurry up your teacher told me to stop gossiping with you yesterday when we were still talking." I handed the bottle back after I applied some, "Uh Carmen is it supposed to sting?" I ask rubbing my lips together feeling like someone keeps poking them with a needle.

"Yeah, it'll go away don't worry." She pats my cheek, "Whatever you say." I continue to press my lips together, "WATCH OUT! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" A loud voice fills the hallway and we see three students run from a security guard. Carmen grabs my arm pulling me closer to the wall as the kids pass us, all wearing black beanies, two guys and a girl. She passed me making brief eye contact before making her way out of the hall. "We got three students on campus making their way to the common area we need back up." One the guard's voice fades while everything on his belt makes noise.

"Wanna do that but at the mall?" Carmen asks with a bright smile, "No." I shut her down and she rolls her eyes letting go of me, "Whatever I'll see you after class bitch." She waves, "I'll see you at lunch." I watch her walk off and I greet my Math teacher Mrs. Hall, "You're needed in the office, Ms. Skeels." She tilts her glasses down stopping me from entering the classroom, "Why?" I ask but she just continues to stare, isn't that what I'm supposed to say 'why' should I be happy? Nervous? Is it for something good or bad? "Just go, go on you don't need a pass." She leaves her position from the door, "But will I miss anything important?" I ask another valid question, "Bailey you're a smart girl you'll figure it out." She smiled then closed the door when the last bell has rung.

"Bailey Skeels?" I turned my head seeing Johna, another security guard he's one of the cooler and younger ones, he lets me go to class late without any trouble because he knows how my parents are, he walks up to me, "Yeah? I was told to go to the office." I hold onto the straps of my backpack, "That's right, come on Bailey." He tilts his head to follow him and I do, "Am I in trouble?" He should know. "I don't know they just told me to come to get you, I'm sure you're not. You doing something bad doesn't sound like you at all." He adjusts the buttons on his walkie-talkie.

We walked into the administration office and my breathing picks up a little, "You're gonna be okay just breathe alright, go on take a seat right there." He points at 3 chairs lined up against the wall by our principal's door, the right one was taken up by one of the guys that ran down the hall so I took the left leaving the middle one open. They got caught. "What are you here for?" He whispers next to me leaning over the armrest, I shrugged my shoulders. "You're one of the good kids huh?" He whispers a little louder and I nod, "You're probably just here because you saw us run and they probably want to see if you know why." He leans back up taking the beanie off his head letting his dreads fall over his face.

Suddenly the door opens and the girl walks out fixing her long frizzy black hair, we made eye contact again and she smirks shaking her head. Is there something on my face? I took out my phone to see and there was nothing besides Carmen's lipgloss. "Miss. Bailey Skeels." The principal motions me to go into his office and I listen not saying anything. I sat in the singular seat next to other guy who ran, he winks at and I roll my eyes. My gay ass would never go for him. "Mr. Duran you can leave." The principal tells me and he leaves. I sat straight my eyes trained on the name plaque sitting at the edge of the desk and I look up seeing him get comfortable in his chair, "Do you know why you're here Bailey?" He asks, "No." I deadpan. I wish someone would've told me.

"You're a good student, great even so hearing this was quite a shock and now this could ugly really fast if don't get to the bottom of this, no one likes to be accused of anything but you had a test in your English correct?" This is bad, this is about something bad. But I didn't do anything bad. "Yes." I said, well it's obvious I'm nervous. "Do these two works look familiar?" He sets to pieces of paper in front of me and I scan over the words, my words. That's how I write. "Yes, that's what I wrote, that's my handwriting and that's how I write. Someone copied me." I say trying to look for a name on the paper maybe I can find who. "I'm afraid it's the other way around." He pulls them back, wait what? "No, I didn't copy anyone. I didn't copy I was the sixth person and the two people beside me were done before me, I don't know who gave their test after but I didn't copy I swear." I tried to convince him but by his face, he didn't look convinced at all.