12. Serial Killer

____________

Bailey's POV:

I just realized I have no idea where we're going, I try to keep my eyes open as I feel the wind mold around my body as we speed down the road, "I thought you said we were going to go slow?" I tapped my head on her back to get her attention, "We are, we're only sixty." She yells a little, 60 WE'RE GOING 60 ON A 45. "Please slow down!" I tell her and I feel us slowdown, she listened to me. I lift my head up and I look around, it's actually quite nice seeing everything blur by, it's a lot different than being in a car, there's more thrill on a bike. My parents would kill me if they ever found I did this. THEY'RE GOING TO FIND OUT THAT I DITCHED SCHOOL. I'm dead, I'm so dead.

"Beans stop headbutting my back." My eyes widen at what was just said, I didn't even notice, "I'm sorry." I tap her torso, strong torso. I see her shake her head and I loosen my grip a little, if I fall off then I fall off, that'll be better than having to face my parents. "Where do you want to eat?" I feel a couple of taps on the back of my hands, where do I want to eat? "Whatever's near." I tap her, "Mickey Ds?" She asks, "Sure." I see her look over her shoulder and I see the golden arches. She parked close to the entrance and I finally let go of her, she's really warm. "So what did you think Beans?" I watch her get off and I take the helmet off feeling the duck tape.

"Uh I don't know, besides you going over the speed limit by twenty, I enjoyed the ride." I admit handing her the headgear, "You're gonna need to keep it because we still have to go back to school, now come on." She takes the keys walking inside and I quickly catch up, I looked around seeing a booth we can sit in by a window. A lot of elderly people this morning. "Welcome to McDonald's what can I get for you?" The cashier asks and I motion for Skylar to go first, she stepped forward and I took out my wallet, Universe again I said help me. I really only have $3, I'm going to have a mental breakdown. "Okay Beans, what do you want?" I look up hiding my small wallet in both of my hands.

"Just a medium fries." I say stepping forward, "Okay one medium fr-" "Wait don't put that down yet." Skylar interrupts him and she whips her head towards me, "What?" I question, "That's it?" She asks and I nod my head, "You said you were hungry." She points at me, lie - lie - lie think of a lie. "Yeah I guess I wasn't as hungry as I thought." I looked down at my feet, I feel like I could eat the entire menu. "Mhm sure I don't buy it, I didn't drive all the way here just for you to order just a medium fries." She complains, I don't blame her but I only have so much. "I don't have money." I whisper, "What?" She leans closer to me, "I'm not going to say it again." I tell her. Why am I like this?

"Beans, if you don't pick something else I will buy the entire menu." She whispers to me, "You're lucky I don't have an eating disorder, what you're saying could hurt someone." She leans back up, where the hell did that come from? Why did I say that? "Okay got it Bailey." She said my name. "The fries are fine." I tell the guy who stared at the both of us, he really heard it all. "Uh okay cool you're total is twenty-fifty one." I put down my money and I see Skylar stare at it, then picking it up and shoving it in my hand, "Actually can you make that medium fries a large then can you add a ten-piece nuggets thanks."

What is she doing? "But she said tha-" "Don't fight with me man, you don't know her now do you." She puts both fists on the counter, 'It's fine' I mouthed to the guy and he listened. "What was that for?" I whispered to myself. I didn't need either of them to say anything. She ended up paying and I went to the booth that I saw earlier. We sat in silence while waiting for our number to be called. I should've kept my mouth shut this morning, I really should've. I'm just confused now, we were fine and now it's silent. I texted Carmen asking if she's going to be here later at all but she still hasn't answered. "Here." I see the fries and nuggets placed in front of me and Skylar's 2 burgers, 2 apple pies, McFlurry, nuggets, and fries in front of her.

"I'll pay you back." I quickly say looking at her fix her frizzy hair, "Just make more cookies then we'll be good." She glances at me, her eyes are pretty in the sun. Time went by and we still sat in silence but I kept feeling her eyes on me. "Are you okay?" I ask swallowing the Hi-C that she got me to. "Yeah, it's just that you seem distracted." She mentions, "I guess you can say that." I continue eating, "What's distracting you?" So are we just going to ignore what happened twenty minutes ago? "I'm waiting for one of my parents to contact me about me not being in class." I stared at my phone that was screen up on the table.

"Parents again?" She raises an eyebrow and I nod, "It's just that, doing stuff like this where I know I'm doing something wrong gives me a really weird feeling. Mostly of guilt and then I get in trouble later on. I try to make my parents proud I really have but they don't see it, if I do something good they just say I can do better and so I do better. I've never been able to talk to them about anything personal because we don't have that kind of relationship. Now that I'm seeing it I don't think I even have a relationship with them at all. They don't feel like parents but more like guardians. They have such high expectations for me and I can't keep up with it, most of it isn't even what I want to do, I don't know I'm just fed up with it all, and ever since my false accusation that they still don't believe, it just proves that all of my achievements, awards, and praise from other people doesn't mean anything at all. I'm just used to show other family members that my parents have such a good daughter." I sigh letting my head hit the table.

I ranted, I ranted to her. That wasn't supposed to happen. I looked up and she takes a heaping spoonful of her McFlurry, I want one. "Well if it means anything, I think that you getting all of those achievements is cool as fuck and your parents don't fucking deserve you from what I'm hearing but I can see why you want to be like me but just know that this isn't the worse of it, you ditching class is very minor." She licks her thumb, oh my. KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS NOW IS NOT THE TIME. Minor? Us ditching is minor? "I'm assuming then that we're going to do some bigger thing?" I grasp my Hi- C taking another sip, "Hell yeah!" She cracks her knuckles.

"So when do you want to the cookies?" I ask her, I need to plan ahead, do I make her two batches? Or maybe just one huge cookie? Or a ton of really tiny cookies. "I don't know whenever I'm done with your favor." She shrugs leaning back in her side of the booth with one of her arms laying on top. Even after we were done eating we continued to talk for maybe 10 minutes before I mentioned that 3rd period would be starting soon and I didn't want to miss any more school, but with our talk, it was only about me and I don't really like talking about me. "Can I ask you something?" We walk out of McDonald's and she immediately gets on her bike.

"Depends on what that 'something' is?" She leans on the steering, "When you said that you were going to pick up a criminal, did you actually pick up a criminal?" I wait for an answer before getting on too, "Did you think I lied?" She rubs her hands up and down her thighs, I don't think she lied but do I have to worry about the action ever happening? I've been lied to a lot before. "No, I was just curious because I mean it's a criminal." I try to let a genuine laugh but maybe Carmen is right, she could be a serial killer. "Well, the criminal is a close friend whose practically family so it's only right to help him out a little." She says then patting the seat behind her.

Do serial killers pick someone up from jail? Should I be worried? "Hurry up Beans unless you don't want to go to school at all." She starts her bike and I quickly put the helmet on and I got on behind Skylar again wrapping my arms around her body, my gay heart is pounding out of my chest. "Ready?" I hear her ask and I nod my head knowing she feels the helmet move. "Can I let go of you?" I ask feeling the air move my crewneck in crazy ways, "Fuck no, what do you think this is? A movie?" She speeds up a little taking over a car, "It could be a movie, it seems so cool to do it." I say picking up my head, "Yeah no, that's not happening, I don't need another ass crack in my helmet." She pulls into the school parking lot.

What are the chances of me actually falling off, I want to do one of those scenes where you put your hands in the air while going 100 mph, actually now thinking about it, I could fly off although I'm sure it won't happen. "What class do you have right now?" She parks in the same spot as before, "Uh AP calculus with Mrs. Hall." I got off still keeping the helmet on, "Math that's gross and Mrs. Hall is an old hag who is desperate to get laid. Her own husband can't even keep it up." She laughs handing me my backpack from the side bag. How did she know that? I didn't need to know my math teacher's sex problems.