50. Missing Her

________________

Bailey's POV:

"You know I just might kill your parents, it's very tempting. Just letting you know. But where is she don't you two come to school together now?" Carmen and I sit at our spot waiting for the bell to ring.

"First off don't kill my parents as much as I don't like them either, I still wouldn't be able to do much and Skylar is on a trip for work with Sage and Dean." I explain.

"I mean you're turning eighteen very soon so why don't you just move out?' She asks, "Because where would I go?" I look at her and she looks at me like I'm the dumb one.

"Uh with Skylar duh." You're with her practically all the time, well you sneak out and sneak around to see her somehow so might as well just live with her and I'm sure she doesn't mind sharing a bed with you." She chuckles bouncing her eyebrows and I scoff looking away.

"Also what's the trip?" She asks and I shrug, "I don't know, she didn't even know how long she'll be gone for. She said Sage didn't tell her and that she wouldn't be gone for more than a couple of days." I explain taking my phone out to send a text.

"Sounds like what my dad and I do, we don't go across the country like we used to, and also does Sage happen to be single." She nudges me before I can send my message.

"Uh I don't know if he's single I don't think he is though. I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend." I think back to the picture of him and Liliana. I wonder what happened to her.

"You think?" Carmen questions and I nod, "Yeah I mean, there are pictures of them together which I think is really cute but relationships aren't really something they talk about so I don't have much to say." I tell her.

Talking about Liliana seems to be an undiscussed topic always. I think I understand but I don't know, it's obvious she meant something important to them. Important to Sage. I hope I can meet her, she looks sweet.

"So what I'm hearing is that he's off-limits?" Carmen leans onto me and I nod my head, "He's definitely off-limits plus he's older than you like a lot older and you don't have a chance with Dean either because he's gay and Skylar is mine." I laugh and she rolls her eyes, "Ugh Dean was cute too and you can keep Skylar, you two are cute together." She cups my face pressing my cheeks together.

We do look cute together. I managed to get a picture of her smiling last night before she had to leave since my parents came home early and caught us. Not doing anything but we were in the kitchen messing around getting flour and melted chocolate everywhere.

*FLASHBACK to last night

"Wait so how much flour goes into the bowl?" Skylar asks jumbling the measuring spoons around, "Just a tablespoon, the dough just needs a little more." I tell her moving the bowl of melted chocolate out of the way, I can't wait for the fruit we dipped to be set. "I think that's too much." Skylar shows me her over-heaped spoonful and I nod my head.

"It's okay though you can just get rid of a bit." I move the bowl with the dough in front of her and she pinches the top of the heap with three fingers and looks at me with a smirk. "Whatever it is that you're thinking, stop it." I hold my finger up taking a step back, that smirk means trouble. "Okay okay fine." She rolls her eyes and I take a step back towards her but then I quickly shut my eyes seeing the flour come at my face.