26. Getting Better

______________

Bailey's POV:

3 Weeks Later

I finally got out of bed, it was a bad idea to stay up watching movies but it's Friday so it's okay. I finally get out of my grounding sentence and I get back to my usual routine and it's been a little hard, I've gained a little stress due to my essay and trying to figure out what happened with Skylar. She still hasn't told me what's wrong and I even brought up Aunt Jacky's theory that she was jealous when I was talking to Tyler, and I really didn't get anything out of that but I think Aunt Jacky was right because I tried to talk to Tyler whenever he was around to see how Skylar would react and Carmen helped as well and her entire demeanor would change.

Her eyes would become a little darker if that was even possible, she'd fiddle with something or bounce her leg and I calmed her down when it got bad but at the conclusion of our experiment. She's jealous which begs the question of if she likes me. I wouldn't mind at all if she likes me, actually, it would probably help with my own feelings because why else would she be jealous, I highly doubt that it's from a friend's perspective because not even Carmen is jealous of Tyler. But overall Skylar isn't ignoring me anymore but she does seem to watch me a little after she got scared from me demanding an answer from her. Something else that I've noticed is that we haven't done anything at all, we haven't skipped any classes, or leave for lunch, she hasn't snuck into my room or even plan anything with me.

Should I be worried that the deal is off and that I didn't just get the memo? I finished getting ready throwing on my white vans and I see my parents sitting in the living room with other people in suits, papers scattered all over the coffee table, and those people on phones. "What's going on?" I ask passing them making my way to the fridge, "Good morning hun, sorry about the commotion there's a big case, an important one that if we don't succeed more people can get hurt so we need to get this done. I don't know how long we'll be here but we needed the extra workspace that work doesn't have so a few of our team is here." Dad explains and I nod looking back into the fridge grabbing a bottle of apple juice.

"Mornin' Bails." I close the fridge seeing Tyler walking out of our pantry, "Ty?" I question, this is a surprise, "Hi, uh your mom said I can help myself and I saw you guys have a box of honey nut cheerios so I got some but my parents are here and they wanted to me come too so I'm sorry." He speaks with a mouthful fixing his hair and I look back at the busy living room and his parents wave at me, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Higgins." I wave back, "Tyler can bring you to school Bailey, his car is out front." His mom points at the front door and I give her a thumbs up. This is really weird.

"Want to go to school now?" Tyler gets my attention and I nod taking a sip from my drink, "Cool come on." He washes his empty bowl and grabs his backpack from the floor, "Bye mom, bye dad." He hugs his parents and I stand there awkwardly not acknowledging mine because they don't acknowledge me. We walked out of my house and I locked the door behind me seeing Tyler lead the way to his black dodge. "You wanna drive?" He jokes opening the door for me, "Do you have a death wish?" I get in and he laughs closing the door. "I do not but I do think it would be funny." The brunette hair boy gets in the driver's seat and he starts driving us to school.

The ride is a comfortable silence with Post Malone singing in the background, "So have you made your decision on prom?" He asks, "Uh not yet, I haven't mentioned it to my parents yet and I still have to ask Carmen." I reply, "What about Skylar? The girl that sits next to you in class is she coming?" He glances over at me, "I don't know either, I would love for her to come but she said that she doesn't dance so it'll probably be a no." I look at him, "I'm sure she'd change her mind, prom is one of those things that you end up wanting to go to the closer it comes so yeah." He pulls into the student parking and I see Carmen and Skylar a few spots away.

"Thanks for the ride Ty, I'll see you later." I get out of his car and he waves as I walk over to my friends, "Good morning guys." I get closer seeing Skylar on her bike leaning on her helmet and Carmen glaring at me, "What?" I question, "Carmen's mad because she thought you weren't coming to school and she found me thinking you were with me but I told her that you weren't and she's still mad." Skylar huffs starring at the glaring girl, "Yeah exactly, you didn't text me and low and behold you got a ride with Tyler." She throws her hands up.

"Yeah well, he was at my house this morning." I shrug my shoulder. "Wait he was at your house?!" Skylar shoots her head at me, "Yes, his parents are working with mine on a big case and they were at our house this morning." I explain and she hums looking away fiddling with her helmet. I look up at Carmen and she has a smirk on her face, 'She is jealous bitch she likes you.' she mouths to me and I shake my head, 'bitch yes she does look at your phone' she rolls her eyes and I look at my phone.

Your BITCH Carmen

Your BITCH Carmen
She's jealous!
You wanted proof well there you go

Me
Okay so what about everything that happened when she was ignoring me and you two were bickering

Your BITCH Carmen
That was the turning point of her jealous act
She's jealous just accept it I know you want her

Me
What???
I have never mentioned anything about my feelings

Your BITCH Carmen
You HOE I KNOW YOU TOO DAMN FUCKING WELL
YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE FEELINGS
WHO DO YOU THINK I AM
I KNOW YOU LIKE HER

Me
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING

Your BITCH Carmen
YOU DIDN'T NEED TOO
I KNOW YOU DO
DON'T FUCKING DENY IT

"So are you two done texting each other?" Both Carmen and I look up then at Skylar, "We weren't texting each other." Carmen puts her phone away, and so do I, "Yeah okay, so you two typing really aggressively pausing after the other is done with their message isn't texting each other, sure okay." Skylar explains as if she was watching us and she probably was but we didn't notice, "Also class is going to start so do we want to leave the parking lot or skip?" She asks and Carmen's eyes widen, "No fucking way, oh my God class is going to start and my teacher hates when kids are late, I will see you two later." Carmen hugs me and jogs off into the school.

"Is Mr. Bloom going to be mad if we get to class late?" Skylar asks me and I shake my head, "Cool let's go then." She gets off her bike and leads the way with her backpack hanging on one shoulder, "Are we good Skylar?" I ask walking by her side, "Haven't we always been good?" She glances at me before opening the gate for me, "Thank you and I mean we have but after that Friday I don't know I think it's been a little weird." I remind her, "And that's on me, I'm sorry if you thought I was being weird with you, I'm not." She cracks her knuckles.

"This is a weird question but were you jealous?" I ask hoping to get an answer this time, "What?! Jealous of what?" That sounded defensive, "Jealous of when I was talking to Tyler." I state, "Pfft, jealous of him, him. Tyler. Or Ty should I say, Nope. There is zero jealousy." She clears her throat and I look at her face as her cheeks start to turn pink, "Aww you're jealous." I tease her and she shoots her head at me, "I am not jealous." She steps away from me and I get closer, "You're jealous." I poke her rosy cheek, "Nope. No. Nah. Nada." She holds onto my hand moving it away from her face.

"Beans. I. Am. Not. Jealous." She tries to convince me but it isn't working. "You're jealous, you're jealous, you didn't like it when I was talking to Tyler so you got jealous. You liiikeee meeee." I drag on the words testing her more, this is proving my feelings isn't it. "Beans, no, if I take you to do something will you stop talking about this." She steps in front of me before we enter Mr. Bloom's classroom. "Hmm yes." I nod slightly pushing her so I can get inside.