63. Aunt Jacky

__________________

Skylar's POV:

I passed Bean's house even though it's probably creepy but I don't recognize the car that's parked in the driveway, it's a military plate. Then a woman got out of the car and turned directly towards me in one of those Army camo uniforms. Oh, fuck military I gotta get out of here. I quickly speed off driving home and only see Dean's car in the garage. Sage isn't back. He didn't come back yet and Dean didn't know where he went, I texted him and got no answer.

"Oh, hey, did school finish early?" Dean comes into the garage and I shake my head, "No, I just didn't want to be there." I shrug placing my helmet under my arm and I look at the tape that's starting to peel off. "Bailey?" He asks grabbing a couple of tools from our shelves. "Uh no, well yes I don't know I saw her only for a couple of seconds," I tell him fiddling with the tape.

"Hmm, not even a smile or a wave?" He tosses me a wrench, "You're gonna help me fix my car." He smiles popping his hood and I stand beside him reaching for the engine. "Nothing, we just stared at each other it was weird. I think I need to talk to her but I don't think she'd hear me out." I tell him and we switch tools.

"Really, isn't she the type that listens like really well?" He raises an eyebrow, "I mean she listened to my list of interesting things I've eaten." He chuckles, "That list wasn't interesting, that list was disgusting." I say but it makes him laugh even more. "At least I brush my teeth multiple times a day, no food can get rid of these pearly whites." He taps the end of the wrench to his teeth.

"What-fucking-ever you and your pearly whites aren't helping." I take the wrench back and I tighten a bolt. "Seriously, take her somewhere private you know. Ooh, I got it, buy her something." He claps standing straight and I walk away from the engine, "What?" I question and he waves his finger at me.

"Buy her something, girls love gifts, right? They love it when you get them something especially if you haven't seen them for a while so for graduation get her a gift LIKE A CAR!" He yells and I stare blankly at him. I think he hit his head somewhere, must've hit his head on his car by accident.

"A car." I state and he nods vigorously, "We can all pitch in, you, me, and Sage, You can pick out the car, I'll tune it up and Sage can give her driving lessons, look it'll be the perfect graduation gift and you've even thought about getting her a car since you found out she couldn't drive." He calls me out and I scratch the back of my head.

"That might come off too strong Dean." I turn back to his car only to get tugged back. "Do you want her back or not Skylar and don't lie to me." He holds me tight in his grasp, "I want her back obviously, has it not been obvious I'm fucking sad." I tell him than a smile creeps onto his face.

"EXACTLY! So we'll get her a car. I can't wait till she sees it. it's gonna be awesome actually let's go now." He lets me go and slams his hood shut.

"Wait dean we can't just go now, your car." I watch him rush inside and I follow him. "My car can wait we need to get Bailey a car, come on chop chop!" He pats my head and gets into the driver's side. "What about Sage?" I ask him getting into the passenger. "I don't know. He didn't say where he was going but I know why he's there." Dean pulls out of the garage and onto the road.

"Then why is he there?" I buckle up. "He's there because of Malcolm's lead, he thinks he can still find Liliana." He mumbles putting on his sunglasses and taking a swig from his beer bottle that has been here for however long.

________________

Bailey's POV:

"Bye Sherri." I wave as I get off the bus, "Bye hun I'll see you tomorrow, I can't wait to see you in your cap and gown." She closes the door and I take a deep breath watching the bus grow smaller in the distance, graduation. It's coming faster than I thought and I haven't applied to a single college, Notre Dame hasn't even been an option now thinking about it my parents haven't said anything about college lately.

I walk towards my house seeing tire streaks on the road but the Jeep parked in my driveway distracts me and I see the military plate. "She's here." I whisper then I bolt to the front door with excitement that I miss the keyhole a couple of times before unlocking it after the fourth jab.

I push the door open and I shut it closed with my foot and I quickly see my parents standing with a woman in an ABU uniform. "Aunt Jacky!" I call her and she quickly turns around with a big smile on her face; she runs over to me picking me up and I wrap my arms over her rough uniform. "Bailey, Bailey, Bailey, Bailey." She repeats my name over and over before putting me down and she sighs in relief.

"Oh, it's so good to see you again kiddo." She hugs me tightly again and I do the same trying not to cry. "I've missed you," I say and I feel her nod against my shoulder. "I've missed you too but I'm here and I'm ready to see you graduate and hey maybe I can meet that girl. Skylar, I did say that I want to meet her and now I can." She claps her hands and at the sound of Skylar's name dad leaves into the garage and mom just looks at both of us mostly at me.

With a visible height difference I tilt my head down a little, she doesn't know anything and I don't want to tell her what happened she's in the military I know what happens when they find out about anything like this and I don't know what she can do.

"Skylar and I are no longer talking." I let out slowly and her face drops, "What happened? I thought you two were great." She asks visibly confused and I glance at mom who's behind her and she just nods slowly. "Something came up about her and I didn't want to be around that kind of person anymore," I explain mom's reasoning, not mine.

"Oh well, that's no fun if you think that's best for you then it's okay. People come and go but come on I want to see how much your room has changed." She turns me around and slightly pushes me away from where we were standing. I looked behind me and mom goes into the kitchen as we go upstairs.

"So what really happened between you and Skylar, did my sister get into your head?" She asks closing my door and planting herself on the edge of my bed and I get settled putting my stuff down and taking out what I need from my bag. "I don't think you want to know," I tell her sitting beside her and I see her focusing on a box near my bedside table.

"I can handle what it is and trust me I won't do anything about it, there probably isn't anything I can do actually so it's fine it's you know R-rated." She turns to me and I sigh making eye contact with her. "I saw her hurt someone." I say and I look away.

"She hurt someone, did she hurt you?" She asks. "Well no, what she did hurt someone else um she physically hurt someone else but it emotionally hurt me if that makes sense." I try to tell her without really telling her what happened.

"So she physically hurt someone and seeing that hurt you, was it fight?" She tries to piece everything together and I'll let her. "It was a fight between her and this person." I sigh, "Right, did this person deserve it?" I shrug, I don't know who that man was, I haven't seen him or heard anything about him since that night. I wonder if Skylar or Sage or Dean has done anything about him. "Did this person want to hurt you?" She adds.

"I don't know, maybe if he didn't get what he wanted maybe. This happened on prom night." I get up going through my clothes trying to find Skylar's clothes that have mixed with mine. "That sucks a lot, so does this mean you and Skylar won't ever talk again or become friends I know you like her, and I thought you two really had something going on from what you would say she seemed like a great person." I hear my bed creak.

"I don't know Aunt Jacky, she was hiding things and even till now I don't know what she was hiding, maybe mom was right when she said that people like Skylar are always hiding things and I just liked her because she was mysterious or whatever." I toss the clothes in a pile but the box.

"Don't say my sister was right about you and Skylar, that's the last thing we both need also don't you love Skylar?" She catches one of Skylar's shirts before it hits the ground and I cross my arms over my chest.

"It's okay if you do, there's no problem with that, there's no problem at all what you two need to do is talk." She tells me and I groan rubbing my face, "Why does everyone keep telling me that?" I flop onto my bed and I hear my Aunt chuckle, "Because it's true, it'll help both of you understand each other and you said she's hiding something maybe if you ask she'll tell you." I feel something soft fall on my head and I turn my head catching the smell of Skylar.