16. Yes? No?

_______________

Skylar's POV:

How did I know I'm a Lesbian? Who the fuck knows cause I don't. I just know I'm not straight isn't that enough. "What are you two doing? The line is getting longer and I managed to save my spot to find you guys no come on let's move it." Carmen snaps her fingers grabbing our attention, "I'll just tell you later." I started walking and Beans caught up, we stood behind Carmen in her saved spot and I heard a few people behind us complain but I rolled my eyes. We're in a book store these people can't be in a rush that bad when they were browsing and trying to look interested in books for hours on end.

What's even worse there's only a single cashier working! I sighed tilting my head back, "Are you okay?" Beans poke my shoulder and I mentally sigh before looking down at her, "Yeah." I said before tilting my head back again. I need to do something exciting that doesn't need my bike, I need to be somewhat quiet tonight. And maybe Beans can come with, something interesting, not illegal but could be, something that won't have her in panic or have her second-guessing everything she's done wrong in life, something that's simple and relaxing. I need to test the waters. Waters? Water. "Do you have a swimsuit?" I whispered close to the blonde just so that only she can hear.

"Yes, why?" She whispers back turning her head, shit our faces are close. "Wanna do something tonight?" I ask her taking another step forward with everyone else. "What are we going to do?" We kept whispering, "Something fun, all you need to do is dress warmly with your swimsuit underneath and be able to sneak out of your house." I tell her before leaning back up, "I don't know how to do that, I've never done that." She started playing with her fingertips.

Mental Note: When anxious about anything, fiddles with fingertips.

"It's going to be okay, I'll help you sneak out it's going to be tonight and I assume that you're parents are asleep at night. If you can hop out of your window that great but if not, wear socks because that muffles the sounds of your steps, already have the door you're leaving through already be unlocked, if you have any pets that can be loud keep them outside too and that'll give an excuse saying that they needed to go to the bathroom or something or they were scratching at your door, yeah that. That's how you can sneak out and don't worry about anything else I'll give you the rest of the information once you're out of your house." I gave tips on how to sneak out and she stopped with her fingertip thing.

"Yeah, those sound reasonable uh thank you." She smiles, "NEXT!" We look away from each other seeing the cashier stare at us. Perfect. "Hello, did you two find everything you needed?" I dump the books by the woman's hands, "We did, thank you. It was a hard choice, sometimes I wish I could live in a place with tons of books." Beans makes conversations with the lady and I kept my head low. I ain't saying shit. "I wish I could too, my husband actually surprised me with a custom made book cover for my favorite book as our anniversary gift. Are you two together? Maybe couple reading?" Nope, nope, nope. Beans has got this. "Oh, um we're not together, she's actually trying to get my best friend's approval." This time I looked up giving a tight lipped smile.

Eventually, we finished and was able to go to other places in the mall, I didn't get anything but soon enough I was carrying their bags everywhere I went, I swear I was not made to be carrying bags but whatever this is probably a rare thing for Beans and she's having fun. "So we're done like done, I told her my parents have stuff for me to do when I get home." The blonde comes up to me and I nod just going with it. We made it back to where we started the day and I look at Carmen waiting for her to look back at me, "So, do I get your approval?" I ask hoping that she'll just let me hang out with Beans, if I can't pass the best friend I won't get my cookies.

"I guess, you seem good and you care about her by what you've done today. Just no drugs." She points, what is it with her this drug thing? "You got it no drugs." I chuckle, does she think I do drugs? "My dad is here, so I have to go but I'll see you two later!" Beans takes her stuff away from me, "Just send me your address." I tell her and she smiles, "What time?" She asks me, "I'll text you." I mumble noticing that Carmen was still sending me daggers. I thought I got the approval. "Okay, thank you for the food. Bye Carmen!" She whispers in my ear before hugging her best friend. She waves to us then gets into the obnoxiously elevated truck. "I'll see you at school Carmen." I start walking away twirling my keys around my finger.