34. Little Blue

______________

Bailey's POV:

"So why does Skylar call you Beans?" Dean asks sitting on the counter with a bowl of cereal, he's been asking me questions since Skylar started keeping the stuff we bought, well, she bought. "She saw me eating school beans and that's really it." It really was just that. "Really? I love beans, and school beans are pretty good too." He says with a mouth full then he wipes a drop of milk with the back of his hand.

"See Skylar, I'm not the only one who eats school beans." I turn to Skylar and she closes the fridge. "Dean will eat anything and I mean anything." She laughs and I look at Dean who nods, "Anything?" I question with a tone, "Yup if it looks edible to me I'll eat it. I've eaten a bug before that looked crunchy and I also ate-" "Okay Beans does not need to hear the rest of that, I'm going to give her a tour of the house then she'll get started on what she's here originally for." Skylar covers my ears even though I can hear everything that's being said.

"See ya, Dean." I wave at him before Skylar turns me around removing her hands from the sides of my head. "So what else did he eat." I ask following Skylar upstairs, "You don't wanna know but one time besides the bug incident he was so drunk that he dropped his pizza slice in a puddle and he dropped to his knees crying then picked the soaked slice and ate it." She looked like she wanted to throw up after saying that and I kinda did too. "That sounds horrific." I shiver, not the good kind.

"Yeah you would be right, he puked after but that was more bearable anyways our house isn't the most exciting thing, um here is our den and we just use it for junk that's why there's a lot of boxes, some of it's for trading and some of it's for other uh things, this door is absolutely nothing, then here's Dean's room, messy as usual no matter how many times we've tripped over something he doesn't bother to pick it up." I peak into the large room where different articles of clothes were scattered everywhere including a pair of spaceship underwear hooked on the end bedpost. It's a typical teenage boy's bedroom.

"Then here's Sage's room but we won't go in there because he's probably doing something. If his bedroom door is closed then it means not to disturb him at all but any time it's open you can go in and do what you need to do. This room right here is our computer room, Beans?" I hummed after hearing my name and I looked away from Sage's door, he's not mad at me, is he? That I'm with Skylar? Or that I'm just here at their house? Does he know about me? My parents? Skylar's and I's deal?

"Wow that's a lot of screens." My eyes widen as I stepped into a smaller room that has one desk filled with multiple screens, 3 at the bottom and 3 on top. 2 monitors, 2 keyboards, 1 laptop, and 1 mouse. How do you even keep an eye on everything at once? "Do you use this for your orders for your business?" I ask taking a closer look seeing coordinates and green line images. It's straight out of an action movie is what this is.

"Uh yeah, sometimes." She steps beside me, "Where's your room?" I ask leaning up and she motions me to follow her, we head back downstairs and we go into a room near the front door, the only room downstairs besides a small bathroom. "This is my room, messier than yours. My bed isn't even made." She laughs jumping straight into her bed face down and I let out a small laugh looking around.

Her bed is pushed up against the furthest wall with a desk close to the foot of the bed, a dresser next to the desk then her closet, "You have a record player?" I ask pointing at the familiar machine and I see a few shelves with different records from AC/DC to Taylor Swift. SHE LISTENS TO TAYLOR SWIFT! I pulled it out and saw that it's the her new Red re-recordings and I stared in awe.

"You already found her album." Her bed creaked a little as she stood up and she took the record from my hands putting it on, "I didn't know you listened to Taylor? I thought you were more of a grungy Arctic Monkeys and RnB Daniel Ceasar type of listener?" I ask her and she nods smiling, "You're right I am, and right here are my favorite albums." She points at the middle shelf showing Arctic Monkeys, The Neighborhood, Khelani, Daniel Ceasar, and more, so many more.

"Your room is so cool, it's more vibey than mine." I comment looking around and I see a few printed photos of her, Sage, and Dean. A couple with the twins' Parker and Preston then she moved a little, I moved a few of them around and saw a few cute ones of her. "Is this baby you?" I hold one up close to my face.

"Yeah it is, I was I think maybe five or six and that's Sage he was I think eleven, and we were getting ready to see our grandparents so our parents dressed us up like we're going to church." She explains as I look at little her in a blue dress with little yellow flowers with a white shirt underneath all topped off with a blue matching bucket hat.

Sage was in a blue buttoned long sleeve, white khaki pants, and black leather shoes. "It really does look like you guys are going to church but it's adorable he even has his arm around your shoulders." It makes my heart explode. I wish I had siblings or a sibling to have cute memories with but it was just me. It was a pretty lonely childhood for me, maybe that's why I had imaginary friends.

"Yeah our grandparents were very orthodox." She looks through a few more pictures. My heart melted the more I saw pictures with Sage and Dean, "Who's the girl?" I ask holding a family-style portrait, "Oh that's just Liliana." She says quickly not bothering to look at it, she doesn't look old enough to their mother but also there's no resemblance to her being related.

She's standing to the left of Sage and Dean is on the right while Skylar is in front of Sage. "We should probably start with baking and cooking before we forget and I can help too." Skylar blurts out and I put the stack of pictures down. I looked a little longer and I caught a glimpse of another picture of Sage and the girl Liliana sharing a kiss with young Skylar and Dean celebrating behind them.

"Okay." I say following her out of her room, is it because I asked who the girl was? I feel like I'm failing a test, every time I ask something and the conversation changes, a point gets knocked off. "So what do you want to do first?" Skylar opens up the fridge and I step aside, "Either one." I simply say moving away closer to the counter, "Are you okay?" She closes the fridge looking at me and I nod trying to make it convincing.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired but I think the cookies should be made first because I know that you've been looking forward to them." I smile and so does she immediately opening the fridge back up again, "What? Cookie? Is that what I heard? Right? Cookies?" Dean pops up out of nowhere and so does Sage, do they have super powers? Should I be worried that they can read my mind? Or can see through walls and clothes?

"You bake?" Sage asks me and I nod, he seems so serious all the time, "I do a lot, it's an escape for me. And I owe Skylar cookies plus dinner." I move behind the counter organizing everything that Skylar got out, then I see both Dean and Sage move to the opposite side and I glance up. Are they going to keep watching me? "If you don't want us to watch you then we can leave." OH MY THEY CAN READ MINDS! I'M SCREWED THEY'RE GOING TO KNOW EVERY THOUGHT I HAVE! THEY READ MINDS! OKAY OKAY how about this, if I say that I'm going to cook first then leave but if I say that I'm going to bake then stay.

"No it's okay but I'm going to bake first since it's easier for me." They both nod, I'm going to cry they can read minds, my thoughts aren't safe, just like in Twilight with Edward's power, OH MY ARE THEY, VAMPIRES! THEY COULD BE VAMPIRES AND THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME ANY SECOND! "Is this everything?" Skylar taps my shoulder and I look at everything then I nod. Okay, maybe the vampire thing is a stretch.

Skylar quickly moves to the other side with the boys and I feel like a chef, being watched, is this how Gordon Ramsey feels when he's being watched. "You guys are okay with just watching me?" I ask, "Yes." They say at the same time. "Do you also want me to explain what I'm doing?" I smile, "Yes." Again they all say at the same time.